Question Looking for a headset solution that I can use to listen to television that doesn't have bluetooth audio out support

raxor30

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read this post even if you do not have any input.

I am looking for a Bluetooth audio solution so that I can listen to my television with a headset. If its possible to listen to the television with a headset AND through the TV, I would also like information about that.

Also I need some information about how this all works, or point me in the direction of a website about it. The television is currently hooked up to an HDMI, its used with the smart apps (netflix/hulu/hbo max/peacock). There is no Bluetooth audio out support.

I'd like a budget friendly Bluetooth headset. If that is not possible, please provide the lowest priced solution that is the best bang for buck.

Television information: Vizio V505-G9

No Bluetooth audio output support

Manual says it has the following:

Composite - Connect a composite device.

Audio Out - Connect to an RCA device, such as sound bar.

Coaxial - Connect to a coaxial cable from cable, satellite, or antenna.

Optical Audio Out - Connect to an optical/SPDIF audio device, such as home audio receiver

I have also heard that Bluetooth solutions have latency/lag delay, is this true? if so is it noticeable or not?

Once again thank you very much for reading the post and I hope you can help! Have a great weekend!