Question Looking for a high-quality VGA cable for second monitor

k1k1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2015
Hi all,

I recently got a new laptop , and when plugging it into my second monitor with a VGA cable , I get blurry text with downward smearing. The laptop is a Dell Latitude E5470 with Intel Graphics 520; the monitor is an Iiyama Prolite XB2483HSU-B1; the VGA cable is brand new (with all 15 pins) but low-price.

I'm reasonably convinced that the VGA cable is the problem, because if I elevate the cable (so that it is further away from the other cables on my desk), the problem goes away - but only for a few minutes, after which the problem returns until I wiggle the cable again.

I realise that VGA isn't the best option for a digital monitor (and I'm aware that my new laptop has an HDMI port, but it's being used for another device), but when I used the same setup with my previous laptop, the image was acceptable quality - a little blurry compared to HDMI, but acceptable nonetheless. I'd like to get my new laptop up to that same acceptable quality, so I'm hoping a better VGA cable will do it.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a really good VGA cable, available in the UK?