Looking for a mod that can meet the following criteria. Pl..

I am not liking SoU all that much. The snowy area was fun, the rest of
it is blah. I got to a part where I have to get past doors that appear
and disappear. Realized I was bored silly and have been for some time.
So here I am now on usenet hoping to get some good advice.

I need some help in finding a mod that will appeal to me. Here is what
I am looking for. If someone could recommend a single player mod that
matches most of this, I would greatly appreciate it...

1. 30+ hours of gameplay. The longer the better. I don't like short
campaigns.

2. Heavy roleplaying options. (Good, evil or somewhere in between)

3. Character levels that will generally go above 20, but I start at
level 1.

4. Varied locations, but not jumping from place to place too quickly
like SoU did. I hate that!

5. Use of 'dialog skills' like persuade and lots of dialog (hopefully
well written) to read in general.

6. A campaign that does not lock me into a certain race or class.

7. Finally, a mod that does not make excessive use of screen shaking!
God damn that was annoying in SoU. Ok the medusa is trying to get the
city off the ground. I get it.

Anyway, I just need the name of the mod you recommend, I am sure I can
find it myself. Thank you.

Try the Aielund Trilogy (spelled incorrectly I'm sure)
It's a well written 3 part module series...quite well done...well scripted
and has a darn good story.
Then there is the Dreamcatcher/shadowlords campaign...followed up by Deamon.
Now the scripting in it is phenomenal....really cool stuff, but it's a
heafty download for all the custom content and hacks required for it, but
well worth it...again..well written and very in depth.
I enjoyed them both.
Those should keep you entertained for a good long while.

In article <hc1qe1hf46qf5deq9nfl3s529bupc4j27o@4ax.com>, Mike S.
<Mike@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I need some help in finding a mod that will appeal to me. Here is what
> I am looking for. If someone could recommend a single player mod that
> matches most of this, I would greatly appreciate it...
>
> [snip]
>
> Anyway, I just need the name of the mod you recommend, I am sure I can
> find it myself. Thank you.

Sounds like you might enjoy:

The Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon series (bit of a slow starter, but
improves rapidly)
Cormyrean Nights (starting level 8 though)
An Ancient Heart series
The Aielund Saga (formerly Trilogy)

All on the nwvault, and all of astonishing quality, better than all the
Bioware modules IMHO.

Enjoy,
Richard.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:35:13 GMT, "Bryan Macklem"
<Bmacklem@milwaukeepc.com> wrote:

>Try the Aielund Trilogy (spelled incorrectly I'm sure)
>It's a well written 3 part module series...quite well done...well scripted
>and has a darn good story.

I think I would like to go with this one. The readme file says there
are four parts now so it is no longer a trilogy. But NWN Vault only
lists the first three. I googled it but nothing turned up. Does anyone
know where the fourth part of this series is?

> Then there is the Dreamcatcher/shadowlords campaign...followed up by
Deamon.
> Now the scripting in it is phenomenal....really cool stuff, but it's a
> heafty download for all the custom content and hacks required for it, but
> well worth it...again..well written and very in depth.

Shadowlords 1 can also be quite the motivation killer. Ok, the starting town
can get you to level 2, barely, *if* you manage *all* quests. I got stuck at
the on from the little girl. Yet still the zombies in the second town can
take you down quite quickly.

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:35:13 GMT, "Bryan Macklem"
> <Bmacklem@milwaukeepc.com> wrote:
>
>>Try the Aielund Trilogy (spelled incorrectly I'm sure)
>>It's a well written 3 part module series...quite well done...well scripted
>>and has a darn good story.
>
> I think I would like to go with this one. The readme file says there
> are four parts now so it is no longer a trilogy. But NWN Vault only
> lists the first three. I googled it but nothing turned up. Does anyone
> know where the fourth part of this series is?

I've often wondered that ;o)

"Manky Badger" <spam@puritanDOTfreeserve.FULLSTOPcoSPOTuk> wrote in message

> "Mike S." <Mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:35:13 GMT, "Bryan Macklem"
>> <Bmacklem@milwaukeepc.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Try the Aielund Trilogy (spelled incorrectly I'm sure)
>>>It's a well written 3 part module series...quite well done...well
>>>scripted
>>>and has a darn good story.
>>
>> I think I would like to go with this one. The readme file says there
>> are four parts now so it is no longer a trilogy. But NWN Vault only
>> lists the first three. I googled it but nothing turned up. Does anyone
>> know where the fourth part of this series is?
>
> I've often wondered that ;o)

woops

> >Try the Aielund Trilogy (spelled incorrectly I'm sure)
> >It's a well written 3 part module series...quite well done...well scripted
> >and has a darn good story.
>
> I think I would like to go with this one. The readme file says there
> are four parts now so it is no longer a trilogy. But NWN Vault only
> lists the first three. I googled it but nothing turned up. Does anyone
> know where the fourth part of this series is?

It's still in development, see:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/brothers2/

Richard.

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:09:09 +0100, Richard Buckle
<richardb@sailmaker.co.nospam.uk> wrote:

>It's still in development, see:
>http://members.optusnet.com.au/brothers2/
>
>Richard.