Looking for a new monitor (1080p, 24")

Atoss

Reputable
May 3, 2014
I am looking for a new monitor, and I need some advice. What I am looking for is:

A 24" or little smaller (like 23.6" or something) panel size (no larger than that, I don't have much desk real estate)
1920x1080 resolution (no more, no less)
IPS or similar panel
Refresh rate of at least 60 Hz, but doesn't have to be much more, as my rig won't be able to achieve anything higher when running current gen games.
Price no higher than 170 €.
I do not have any brand preferences, and my GPU has DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, so there shouldn't be any problems with connection.
I am restricted to Latvian retailers, as I do not want to wait for the shipping. I will include links below, however, at least one of them does not seem to have an English webpage version. Dammit.
1A.lv; TERA; Baltic Data

Solution
Samsung's S24D390HL Would be my pick.

23.6" / 1920x1080 / 60Hz / ToC panel (similar to PLS/IPS) / HDMI input

1075826.jpg

davcsw

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Depends. It's a hit or miss. I have some on mine at the bottom corners, but have stopped noticing them after a while. They're only visible during dark scenes.

I hear it's usually because the bezel is too tight. This model doesn't seem to have screws at the back to loosen so that's one solution off the table. I've also heard that if you use a soft cloth and rub out those corners gently, they would go away too. I can't stand by any of these solutions, all I can say is it's a risk you'll have to contend with but I believe it's relatively minor one.

After owning a Asus PLS panel prior, it isn't to bad but not all PLS panels are exactly the same. The most problematic part was calibrating the screen, but Samsung do a pretty good job of that and you won't have to do so.

Atoss

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Finally got that Samsung. Gotta love the image. The glow DOES show when playing Amnesia, though. I'll try playing with the angle and placement of the monitor, seems that it counters it to some degree.

Atoss

Reputable
May 3, 2014

Not so bad. Seriously, just rising the monitor a bit higher and moving it little farther away mostly fixed the problem. I can do the black screen in dark room test if needed, though.

By the way, are the drivers&shiz that came on the CD useful or are they just bloatware?