[SOLVED] Looking for a new router

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
This most likely isn't the place to post this but my router has been kicking me and my xbox off the 5ghz channel lately and its getting extremely annoying when gaming. switching to the 2.5 channel reconnects and its fine. also i have a wifi 6 motherbaord antenna and i use to get around 30-50+ upload and download speeds now im getting around 5. Is this signs of a dying router? if so im looking to spend up around 200-400 max on a new one for gaming and household devices. we have a couple of computers a,xbox,ps4, a few phones and a 4k tv downstairs and upstairs. Thanks.

Solution
This most likely isn't the place to post this but my router has been kicking me and my xbox off the 5ghz channel lately and its getting extremely annoying when gaming. switching to the 2.5 channel reconnects and its fine. also i have a wifi 6 motherbaord antenna and i use to get around 30-50+ upload and download speeds now im getting around 5. Is this signs of a dying router? if so im looking to spend up around 200-400 max on a new one for gaming and household devices. we have a couple of computers a,xbox,ps4, a few phones and a 4k tv downstairs and upstairs. Thanks.
Spend as much of that budget as possible getting ethernet cable installed. That is what will improve your network.

kanewolf

Titan
Spend as much of that budget as possible getting ethernet cable installed. That is what will improve your network.

Solution