Looking for a soft and comfy office chair

s1luxford

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
After 3 years my soft velour office chair finally reached its end so I started to look for a new office chair.

I spent a lot of time researching gaming chairs and the one that seemed to get good reviews was the Secret Labs Titan chair so I purchased one of these with the new softweave material.

However after assembling and sitting in the chair for the first time I soon discovered how incredibly hard the foam is in both the base and back to the point it actually started to hurt my bum and back after just an hour!!

I am therefore looking for a really soft and comfy office chair like I am sitting on a sofa or a cloud!!

Has anyone managed to discover a chair like this? Or have any recommendation on really comfy padded chairs ?

Some people are heavy and some are light. Some have a bony bottom, some a muscular and some have a softer, more cushion like bottom. Some have a wide pelvis and some a narrower. Different chairs suit differently shaped people.
Go to a few shops and try their chairs for something that is good for you. I researched for over half a year before I found one I felt was good enough. For me.
Would you ask in a forum for a pair of trousers that fits and are comfortable? Let alone, without mentioning you size?

Nigel

Hey! I actually searched for gaming chairs, even though I wasn't really going to use it for gaming purposes. I get a lot of back pain and that's because working while sitting down can have a big toll on your neck, bum, and back. I started researching recliner chairs, particularly for back pain and I found a couple that would help me with the pain, moreover, it was super comfortable. Instead of looking for gaming chairs look for recliner chairs for back pain and try to filter it down to office type looking ones! Good luck!

Build your own, I use Subaru WRX premium car seats with a pedestal 5 wheel base. Use the driver seat for my office chair and the passenger seat at home. I sit close enough to the desk that arm rests are not needed, and if they were you could just attach them to the bottom.