[SOLVED] Looking for a temporary monitor for my build

shadow8378

Prominent
Feb 15, 2018
I'm Looking for a cheaper monitor for now I will one day buy the one on the list so I want a cheaper one $300-$500 Canadian so $200-400 usd i will be using this one as a second monitor once I get the one on my list and I know my current build is lacking ram and storage I will be buying that later as well
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/nvpcf9

Solution
Let me make a suggestion. I would not spend that kind of money on that ASUS monitor. If you want a second monitor, great, but honestly for the price you are willing to spend, if you don't mind going up to a 32" display which in truth is only minimally larger in overall dimensions than a 27" display, this is probably the very best 27-32" 1440p gaming monitor you can get for less than 600 bucks. You could almost get two of them for the price of that one ASUS panel. LG makes fantastic monitors and uses only very high quality panels. Personally I believe them to be one of the top manufacturers globally.

At only about 50 bucks more than the budget you stated, maximum, for your temporary monitor, you could have a fantastic gaming display...

shadow8378

Prominent
Feb 15, 2018
So what are you looking for in your "temporary" monitor? A few expected details like size, resolution, gsync/freesync, refresh rate, etc. would be helpful.

It will soon become my second monitor so it will soon be only used for Google discord movies while I'm playing game the only thing I would want from it is it being 27.0" to match the other one I would Prefer gsync over freesync I'm basically asking for the best 27.0" monitor that price range can get me

shadow8378

Prominent
Feb 15, 2018
Are you wanting it to be 1080p or 1440p like the other monitor will be? It's going to be a factor, when it comes to price. 1080p monitors are obviously less expensive. But you may want them to both be 1440p, so need to know what you prefer.

Since I won't be using this one as much 1080p would be best

Let me make a suggestion. I would not spend that kind of money on that ASUS monitor. If you want a second monitor, great, but honestly for the price you are willing to spend, if you don't mind going up to a 32" display which in truth is only minimally larger in overall dimensions than a 27" display, this is probably the very best 27-32" 1440p gaming monitor you can get for less than 600 bucks. You could almost get two of them for the price of that one ASUS panel. LG makes fantastic monitors and uses only very high quality panels. Personally I believe them to be one of the top manufacturers globally.

At only about 50 bucks more than the budget you stated, maximum, for your temporary monitor, you could have a fantastic gaming display now.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($549.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $549.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 23:43 EDT-0400

Review (Also reviewed at Rtings):

I have this display. It is fantastic. There are also no issues with using it with an Nvidia card as it is fully G-sync compatible.

If you just want a cheap unit for now, then this would be my lower budget pick.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 27BK400H-B 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor ($254.09 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $254.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-08 00:00 EDT-0400

Solution