Question looking for an advice on a quiet gamepad

vdrandom

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
Hey.

Right now I'm using an old 360 gamepad, and, like any other device with plastic buttons, it clacks quite noticeably every time I release a button. From what I see online, barely anyone cares about how loud their controller is, but maybe someone here has hands on experience with many popular controllers available on market?

For the context: my constant clacking while playing videogames triggers my wife, who has Asperger's syndrome.

Can anyone compare the loudness of general playing exprience on different controllers? Which one would you recommend as the quietest? DS4? Xbone? Steam? Some other brand?

I've got a 360 controller, as I've mentioned previously, as well as Logitech F310, which is much, much louder. I have some experience with Razer Onza from when it was available, but I can't remember how loud it is. From what I hear they still make controllers with mechanical buttons.

vdrandom

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
I'm also open to suggestions how I could make buttons quieter. Sticks are easy: just put some dampening at the contact between the stick and the socket, I've seen a lot of guides, but not about the buttons.