[SOLVED] Looking for an HP Pavilion DV6000 replacement

ZeroNightmare

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Hi everyone!

As of late my HP Pavilion dv6000 has been failing and crashing. Maybe it can be repaired but after 10 years of use I figured it's about time I buy a new one so I wanted to ask, what laptop would be a good substitute? First, these are some of the specs on my current laptop that I took from the web:

• CPU: Mobile AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-62 (2.1 GHz, 2 X 512KB L2 Cache)
  • RAM: 4096 MB DDR2 667MHz (2 Dimm), Dual Channel
  • Screen: 15.4" and 1280x800 resolution
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M
  • HDD: 250GB SATA (5400 rpm)

And here are some of the points I'm considering to choose a new laptop:

1.- I'm willing to spend around $400 max
2.- Screen size should be at least what I have now (15.4")
3.- Screen resolution doesn't need to be Full HD. Just HD is ok.
4.- Portability is not important, it's mainly going to remain in one place.
5.- Battery life isn't important either. Will be plugged in most of the time.
6.- Basically it will be used for surfing the web, watching Youtube, Netflix, playing video files. I usually connect my laptop to my tv to watch series or movies, so an HDMI port is important too (maybe it's an obvious thing in laptops these days but since my Pavilion doesn't have one I though I should mention it).
7.- Storage space is not very important either. It would be better if it has a small SSD for speed instead of a bigger HDD.
8.- Will be using Windows as OS.
8.- Finally, I really need a laptop with separate visible buttons under the trackpad. At my work I use a laptop with integrated "invisible" buttons in the trackpad and I can't really count the times that I've clicked the right button instead of the left one because I'm trying to work faster without having to look down at the trackpad.

So I believe that's all, thanks in advance for your advice :)