[SOLVED] Looking for better headset with mic

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
So I live in a bedroom this is my room - View: https://imgur.com/a/N2LnLKM
and as you can see that pink fan is slightly pointed towards the couch now the Logitech H111 Headset I have gotten 2 replacements from Logitech and the mic has always picked up that pink fan and air conditioner in some sort of way noise wise while on voice chat with someone.

So I'm looking for a better headset with mic that has a better noise canceling reduction price range I'm looking for is $80.00 at the most right now but in time I could save up for a gaming one that is better like Astro

I need either a 2 plug 3mm without splitter or USB one wired or wireless it doesn't matter ....... Ones like these that have the two plug is what I mean (just using for example) - https://www.logitech.com/en-hk/product/stereo-headset-h110

Last edited:
Solution
You mean like Fortnite which is rated #4 on Esports titles and yes I do play that from time to time but not as much as Second Life which is much more graphic wise and memory wise which is why both headsets wouldn't work for Fortnite or Second Life on the PC.
1st, playing esports and playing competitive esports are two different things.
2nd, Second Life is not esports.
3rd, graphics and memory has nothing to do with sound output.
4th, they will work for both, maybe not upto your liking. But as I said, those are your only options. Also in your initial post you had mentioned that wired/wireless doesn't matter.

This is what you are looking for but you have to save more for this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price...

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
You can give this a try...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Headphones | Anker Life Q30 Headset | $79.98 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $79.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-17 21:58 EDT-0400 |

Review...
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/anker-soundcore-life-q30

That one is $110.00 CAD and Bluetooth which shouldn't be used for gaming and heavy so wearing them 10+ hours a day might hurt my ears after some time.

Sorry I should of mentioned I'm Canadian...... even the $79.99 link there works out to be close to $100 after taxes and shipping

Screenshot showing it - View: https://imgur.com/a/bsOmaYf

That one is $110.00 CAD and Bluetooth which shouldn't be used for gaming and heavy so wearing them 10+ hours a day might hurt my ears after some time.

Sorry I should of mentioned I'm Canadian...... even the $79.99 link there works out to be close to $100 after taxes and shipping

Screenshot showing it - View: https://imgur.com/a/bsOmaYf
The only other option I could find is this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Headphones | Rosewill Audiowave H9000 Headset | $70.29 @ Amazon Canada
| Total | $70.29
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-18 02:50 EDT-0400 |

Not sure of the quality though.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
The only other option I could find is this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Headphones | Rosewill Audiowave H9000 Headset | $70.29 @ Amazon Canada
| Total | $70.29
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-18 02:50 EDT-0400 |

Not sure of the quality though.

@Hellfire13 If you would look up the Logitech H111 you would see that it has a mic and know I needed that too.

Neither one you suggested has that.

Bluetooth isn't for gaming it has way to much latency

2.4ghz wireless is what is used for gaming and it needs a dongle.

Bluetooth is a lot more complex.

Or should I copy the reddit where that was mentioned? Here see for yourself - https://www.reddit.com/r/Headsets/comments/msmyyq/looking_for_bluetooth_gaming_headset_that_works/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

@Hellfire13 If you would look up the Logitech H111 you would see that it has a mic and know I needed that too.

Neither one you suggested has that.

Bluetooth isn't for gaming it has way to much latency

2.4ghz wireless is what is used for gaming and it needs a dongle.

Bluetooth is a lot more complex.

Or should I copy the reddit where that was mentioned? Here see for yourself - https://www.reddit.com/r/Headsets/comments/msmyyq/looking_for_bluetooth_gaming_headset_that_works/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
https://www.anker.com/products/variant/life-q30/A3028011
  • Enhanced Call Quality via 2 Microphones
https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Audiowave-H9000-Cancelling-Comfortable/dp/B07HFK8JZC
"
Call Quality:
I've made a few calls and havent had any issues. These definitely seem to bring more treble out of everything (music / calls), so i feel like my calls sounded a bit clearer than usual. maybe i can update this as i have more calls. "

If you look at the left hand side of the linked PCPP pages in the above posts, its clearly mentioned that both headsets have microphones. Some headsets like these have concealed mics.

As for the latency, yes it is there but unless you are playing competitive esports titles, the latency is not too significant, from my experience. Circumaural headsets are a bit bulky but they give you the most immersive experience for gaming with heavy bass.
Besides, those are the only decent options I could find for you.

Reactions: EsmaFingerpin
D

Deleted member 14196

For the quality you’re looking for you’re probably not going to get what you want at Canadian prices these days the prices of everything have gone up so either you look for less quality or you pay more money

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
As for the latency, yes it is there but unless you are playing competitive esports titles, the latency is not too significant, from my experience. Circumaural headsets are a bit bulky but they give you the most immersive experience for gaming with heavy bass.
Besides, those are the only decent options I could find for you.

You mean like Fortnite which is rated #4 on Esports titles and yes I do play that from time to time but not as much as Second Life which is much more graphic wise and memory wise which is why both headsets wouldn't work for Fortnite or Second Life on the PC.

For the quality you’re looking for you’re probably not going to get what you want at Canadian prices these days the prices of everything have gone up so either you look for less quality or you pay more money

Well how about you suggest one that is 1 of both?

4th, they will work for both, maybe not upto your liking. But as I said, those are your only options. Also in your initial post you had mentioned that wired/wireless doesn't matter.

This is what you are looking for but you have to save more for this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Headphones | Plantronics Blackwire 7225 Headset | $168.54 @ Amazon Canada
| Total | $168.54
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-20 23:34 EDT-0400 |

Solution

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
4th, they will work for both, maybe not up to your liking. But as I said, those are your only options. Also in your initial post you had mentioned that wired/wireless doesn't matter.

Playing Fortnite in a Battle Royale isn't Competitve when your playing against other players right? I call that a lie.

I never said Second Life was e sports I said it uses more memory and more graphic wise then Fortnite with being full mesh avatars and even Baked On Mesh.

As for 3rd I know that ..... 4th okay as the final listing will take me abit to save up for maybe 2 to 3 months.

Mar 9, 2021
Hello @EsmaFingerpin
Some of the best headphones with microphones. So you can control your music, call and easily communicate wherever you’re working or traveling, etc.
  1. Jabra Elite 85h Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
  2. Logitech - H390 USB Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone
  3. Aluratek - Wired USB Stereo Headset with Boom Mic
  4. MEE audio - ClearSpeak Universal Headset Cable with Boom Microphone
  5. MEE audio - Bluetooth Wireless Headset
  6. Insignia - Landline Hands-Free Headset
  7. Turtle Beach - RECON 50P Gaming Headset
  8. SteelSeries - Arctis 7 Wireless

Reactions: EsmaFingerpin

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
Hello @EsmaFingerpin
Some of the best headphones with microphones. So you can control your music, call and easily communicate wherever you’re working or traveling, etc.
  1. Jabra Elite 85h Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
  2. Logitech - H390 USB Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone
  3. Aluratek - Wired USB Stereo Headset with Boom Mic
  4. MEE audio - ClearSpeak Universal Headset Cable with Boom Microphone
  5. MEE audio - Bluetooth Wireless Headset
  6. Insignia - Landline Hands-Free Headset
  7. Turtle Beach - RECON 50P Gaming Headset
  8. SteelSeries - Arctis 7 Wireless

On another topic someone said the Logitech - H390 USB Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone aren't comfortable to wear for hours on end which I would be wearing it at least 8 hour day

And being I need the only Landline for my Ethernet Cable for my computer #6 would be out

Last edited:
Reactions: hotkru