[SOLVED] Looking for confirmation

Oct 12, 2021
I just recently bought a PC and i updated all the software and installed my games. After jumping on warzone, the game was shuttering real bad. After a lot of research and messing with settings I decided to check compatibility, which I should have done before I bought it, but none the less, this is what I have:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: Asus Strix ROG 550F
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: CORSAIR 16GB

I found out that the Ryzen 5 3000 series and up are the only cpus compatible with the STRIX 550F. Meaning my CPU is not compatible with my motherboard.

So my question is:

Is my CPU bottleneck issue and is that the reason for the shutting and the lack of GPU usage while in any games.

Solution
Mate, the socket on Asus Strix ROG 550F is still AM4. So no worries about bended pins etc. The main problem here is that this MB does not support Ryzen 2000 series. @
Shawntharris Buy some B450 MB and I think you will be good. Check also the XMP on RAM. It shouldn't be lower than 3200mhz for ryzen CPU.
Mate, inspite of the same socket the 2600x is on 12nm finfet whereas the subsequent generations are on 7nm finfet. There is a difference in pin count due to difference in power draw. Good thing is CPU pins are easier to fix than chipset pins.

I had every intention of upgrading the processor, anyways. I was just making sure that this would fix my issue with the shuttering in any type of gaming that involved heavy...
Oct 12, 2021
How did you even manage to get that up and running. Running a CPU on a wrong socket may potentially damage the CPU or the Motherboard or both. Stop running that machine immediately and check for bent pins, which might void your warranty.

There is no warranty. The computer was prepared. And from reviews the main reason the that CPU isn’t compatible with the motherboard is because of the new firmware. I’m assuming the previous owner put didn’t know what he was doing and Put the CPU in because it fit. Like I said I bought the computer like this. I just found out because graphics are lagging and making sure that is why. Can some please answer that question.

That is the reason for the game shuttering because the Ryzen 5 2600x cannot handle the updated firmware of my motherboard, correct?

venzah

Prominent
Jun 17, 2021
How did you even manage to get that up and running. Running a CPU on a wrong socket may potentially damage the CPU or the Motherboard or both. Stop running that machine immediately and check for bent pins, which might void your warranty.
Mate, the socket on Asus Strix ROG 550F is still AM4. So no worries about bended pins etc. The main problem here is that this MB does not support Ryzen 2000 series. @
Shawntharris Buy some B450 MB and I think you will be good. Check also the XMP on RAM. It shouldn't be lower than 3200mhz for ryzen CPU.

Oct 12, 2021

I had every intention of upgrading the processor, anyways. I was just making sure that this would fix my issue with the shuttering in any type of gaming that involved heavy graphics. @venzah

Mate, inspite of the same socket the 2600x is on 12nm finfet whereas the subsequent generations are on 7nm finfet. There is a difference in pin count due to difference in power draw. Good thing is CPU pins are easier to fix than chipset pins.

I had every intention of upgrading the processor, anyways. I was just making sure that this would fix my issue with the shuttering in any type of gaming that involved heavy graphics. @venzah
It should fix the issue in all probability unless you have a faulty part somewhere in there.

Solution
Oct 12, 2021
Just an update. I installed a new Ryzen 5 5600x and it runs smooth. No game shuttering or anything. There are NO bent pins on the Ryzen 5 3600x because the CPU does fit it just was not fully compatible with my motherboard.
All in all mission success.

Reactions: LeviTech