Looking for custom gaming computer company that has payment plans for people with no credit HELP PLEEEEASE!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 23, 2019
I’m desperate!!! I’m disabled and on social security disability income. I have no credit card and not allowed to have one says Ssi (don’t wanna start a discussion or disagreement debate because I KNOW what they said TO MY FACE) and so I have zero credit established but I wanna get a nice rig that I can pay off in installments. Please help me out!!! PLEEEASE!!! I’m sick and tired of buying garbage eBay gaming computers on the cheap and Craigslist crap !!!!!!!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I tried maingear. They said affirm “doesn’t have any lenders in my area” that seems like bull to me but what do I know

It may be because of your credit score. Affirm underwrites most of them, so if that didn't work you may be out of luck. There is one other option and that is

https://www.nocompromisegaming.com/

Keep in mind you are going to MASSIVELY OVERPAY for this system when you add the payments up. But they will do it probably.

In general, buying things on credit and paying them off over time will cost you more in the long run, so if you don't currently have a lot of income, it might not be an ideal option.

Do you have a desktop PC now, with hardware you could upgrade a little at a time? That might be the best option. If so, what kind of specs does the system have? You might be able to significantly boost gaming performance without buying an all new gaming PC all at once.

USAFRet

Titan
That NoCompromiseGaming site may do what you seek.
But lets break down what you're actually paying...

Taking one of their lower end systems, the Silver Gaming Desktop
dJ5oTio.jpg

Their terms are 18 months.

$118 x 18 months = $2124
Or
Cash price of $1,062

Or....the actual parts list, if you just buy them: $595.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME H310M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($71.36 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB Low Profile Video Card ($136.99 @ B&H)
Case: DIYPC - DIY-BG01 ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Smart 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $595.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-25 17:56 EDT-0400

$2124 vs $1062 vs $595
Paying almost 4 times as much. :eek:

Reactions: Barty1884
Feb 23, 2019
I’m not gonna buy the cheapest setup possible if I do this. If I wanted to get the cheap stuff I’d keep the rigs I have now besides I don’t wanna be a real Bubbie before I get something nice so I’m probably gonna go for it-and not their bottommost tier stuff

USAFRet

Titan
I’m not gonna buy the cheapest setup possible if I do this. If I wanted to get the cheap stuff I’d keep the rigs I have now besides I don’t wanna be a real Bubbie before I get something nice so I’m probably gonna go for it-and not their bottommost tier stuff
As you go up their performance tier, the price difference increases.

I was just outlining the difference in what you pay.

You can do the same investigation I just did. Discover their specific parts list, and select those exact same parts in pcpartpicker.
See what it actually costs.
Good luck.

Feb 23, 2019
If I CAN get approved, I’m more interested in getting something nice asap and overpaying instead of waiting to pay outright when I’m 70!!! THATS more ridiculous in my eyes.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If I CAN get approved, I’m more interested in getting something nice asap and overpaying instead of waiting to pay outright when I’m 70!!! THATS more ridiculous in my eyes.

Assuming everything scales the same way USAFRet outlined for the cheaper end.... something "nice" is what? $1,500? $2,000? More?
Their $2k rig is likely then a $1k setup (cost) you pay $4k for in the long-run.

Feb 23, 2019
1k 2k is my goal. Mind you my current rig is running c2d so even an i3 1050ti will be nice compared to the POC I have now. Also I’m looking at laptops not desktops. I should have mentioned that 😂

USAFRet

Titan
Their mid/upper range systems or laptops are about $200/month.

Can you afford $200 per month, every month, for 18 months?
Can you afford $200/month for 6 months?

If you can wait 6 months for this system, you can have the same system after 6 months, instead of paying 18 months.
This is what math teaches us.

Assuming this is a US thing, with cheques still being fairly commonplace? As, at least in Canada, UK etc, a refund to a debit card is no different to a CC refund.
I never used a debit for online purchases but with brick&mortar purchases, they always refund me in cash, they don't even ask me. This could be the U.S. is always behind the times (unbelievable I know) Only recently our cc got the chip, a while back I was using my U.S. cc in the UK and they refused me because I didn't have the chip then, that was embarrassing. Many Asian countries use RFID, wave the thing (like your Apple Pay) and BAM! and in the U.S. we are still swiping, really?

Feb 23, 2019
200 most likely if I move some things around but it’s coming directly out of my ssdi discretionary account not my reloadable debit card for my less than profitable company. So I can pay for that a lot easier with more (and more stable) cash flow then if I bought it myself

USAFRet

Titan
  1. October 2019
  2. October 2020
When do you want to stop paying for this system?

#1 means you don't get to use the system until October this year. But you'll almost certainly get a better system.
#2 means you get it now, but you're paying for a whole extra year....3 times the price.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

popatim

Titan
I have a bank issued debit I pay all my finances with. Does that count towards my credit?

It will if those 'bills' report monthly on time payments to the credit agencies. Try using one of the free credit reports to check your credit score. Or ask your bank to check it for you.

And I think the wiser route is to not get into credit card debt, like my sister did.

Good luck in finding a PC.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A. I can’t do math
B. I still rather overpay for something nice then wait until I’m 70!

Because of A, B makes absolutely no sense.

Nobody's saying you need to save up for 40 years. Only save up for even half-a-year rather than pay four times as much to get it now.

I'm going to be brutally direct here. The fact that you rather pay four times as much for something so you can have it RIGHT NOW rather than wait six months -- and it's not something like a life-saving operation -- is the kind of decision that keeps people in bad credit. How is your mom going to feel that you're blowing four times as much disability income on your personal enjoyment because you can't wait a few months and you have to have some top, high-end gaming machine this very minute?

You say you're going on 29, but your entire attitude towards this situation reflects someone going on 9. This is one thread I'm definitely washing my hands of and unfollowing.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
200 most likely if I move some things around but it’s coming directly out of my ssdi discretionary account not my reloadable debit card for my less than profitable company. So I can pay for that a lot easier with more (and more stable) cash flow then if I bought it myself

How are you not able to take that $200 and put it in a savings account each month. Or cut your mother a check for $200 a month and have her save it up for you, she can be your banker. Then in 6 months you can buy and own a great gaming PC and have no debts to worry about.