[SOLVED] Looking for dimensions and mounting holes of 3.5 and 5.25 inch drive bays

Jan 6, 2022
I'm trying to make a modular case system that's 3d printable, I'd link it here but I dunno if it'd be considered advertising, and I'm trying to add support to 3.5 and 5.25 inch drive bays, i.e. the place where your CD drive would be on an older model PC.

I need the dimensions of the bay, in metric since I'm using Tinkercad to model, along with where any mounting holes would be and perhaps what size of said holes.

Solution
Well, that's partly what I'm looking for, you have the dimensions of the bays from Wikipedia. but the other 2 links are for 3.5 inch HDDs. Not bays like where you'd put a CD drive or a card reader. also, P 37 on the Seagate PDF brought up some legal stuff, could be my browser or display size, I dunno.

Drive form factors:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disk_drive_form_factors

Or, you can do what is OFTEN done in reverse engineering something...buy a retail thing of the proper size, and measure.
I'll bet you can get one each of 5.25, 3.5, and 2.5 for under $20.

Or measure the drives you already have and build around that.
Jan 6, 2022
Well, that's partly what I'm looking for, you have the dimensions of the bays from Wikipedia. but the other 2 links are for 3.5 inch HDDs. Not bays like where you'd put a CD drive or a card reader. also, P 37 on the Seagate PDF brought up some legal stuff, could be my browser or display size, I dunno.

USAFRet

Titan

Drive form factors:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disk_drive_form_factors

Or, you can do what is OFTEN done in reverse engineering something...buy a retail thing of the proper size, and measure.
I'll bet you can get one each of 5.25, 3.5, and 2.5 for under $20.

Or measure the drives you already have and build around that.

Solution