Question Looking for driver software for Anker DS-2368 Precision laser gaming mouse 8000dpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan28

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys,

Does anyone have or know where to get drivers for this mouse?

Of course I checked Anker's website but it's not there. Then I emailed their support and they told me that "we don't have the driver for the mouse now and it has been discontinued for a few years". I suppose it got lost in their couch or something.

And I'm not having much luck Googling for it. There is one download site that appears to be offering it but it requires registration with a credit card...

So I think it's a bit of a longshot but I'm hoping someone here might have it. Thanks.

th_1.jpg

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
what version of windows do you need drivers for?

Seems newest driver was from Win 8 and if you trying to install it on win 10, it probably won't work as MS require all drivers for win 10 to be digitally signed by them, and if the driver was never sent to them for approval, it won't be installed by WIn 10. Makers were told this would happen as early as 2015.

I see a link to drivers they say worked with win 10 in 2017 but the link doesn't lead to a driver now - https://community.anker.com/t/cant-...laser-gaming-mouse-8000-dpi-driver-help/54065

@HEXiT are you still using this mouse? I found your review from 2012 here

Reactions: Ryan28

Ryan28

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
what version of windows do you need drivers for?

Seems newest driver was from Win 8 and if you trying to install it on win 10, it probably won't work as MS require all drivers for win 10 to be digitally signed by them, and if the driver was never sent to them for approval, it won't be installed by WIn 10. Makers were told this would happen as early as 2015.

I see a link to drivers they say worked with win 10 in 2017 but the link doesn't lead to a driver now - https://community.anker.com/t/cant-...laser-gaming-mouse-8000-dpi-driver-help/54065

@HEXiT are you still using this mouse? I found your review from 2012 here

Thanks for your reply. I need it for Windows 10. Actually I may not be using the right term by calling it a "driver". It's possible I'm misremembering but I'm fairly sure I ran it on Windows 10 in the past. It's software you can use to change the sensitivity settings and things like that.

https://d2211byn0pk9fi.cloudfront.n...1D4CE752C_5000DPI_Gaming_Mouse.zip?1533028003

https://d2211byn0pk9fi.cloudfront.n...1D4CE752C_5000DPI_Gaming_Mouse.zip?1533028003

Files from here ^

Thanks, but unfortunately those are for a different newer, but very similar-looking mouse. I've tried using it anyway but it doesn't detect my mouse.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks for your reply. I need it for Windows 10. Actually I may not be using the right term by calling it a "driver". It's possible I'm misremembering but I'm fairly sure I ran it on Windows 10 in the past. It's software you can use to change the sensitivity settings and things like that.

That is likely to still need drivers to make those changes. The article i found from 2012 shows the software you mean. Since actual maker doesn't have the software, you sort of stuck. You can try these but I would scan drivers with an Antivirus before running and they may not work anyway - you need this software to change buttons at very least - http://ngnews.me/anker-ds-2368-70/ - I dislike using 3rd party sites. Almost as bad as suggesting Driver Booster which I refuse to do.

Ryan28

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
That is likely to still need drivers to make those changes. The article i found from 2012 shows the software you mean. Since actual maker doesn't have the software, you sort of stuck. You can try these but I would scan drivers with an Antivirus before running and they may not work anyway - you need this software to change buttons at very least - http://ngnews.me/anker-ds-2368-70/ - I dislike using 3rd party sites. Almost as bad as suggesting Driver Booster which I refuse to do.

It gets worse, lol. If you follow the links to the download, it requires you to register with a credit card even though it's supposedly free. I don't think I feel comfortable doing that.

Oh well, I'll probably just need to get a new mouse. I appreciate your taking time to investigate. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is a subtle hint from makers when they stop supporting hardware... buy a new one. I had to replace my mouse recently as though it worked fine, its drivers didn't as were causing weird errors. It had lasted 8 years though. I just bought a new one from same people, but if I were you, I would choose a better known company like Steelseries or Logitech who do support hardware for a longer period of time.

It may cost more but you get more usage out of it as well.

there was software but no actual driver it was just plug and play.(when you pluged it in windows just automatically installed a driver for the mouse as it discovers it)
the software allowed for changing dpi to something other than the defaults. the acceleration and speed were controlled by windows own mouse options.(ctrl panel/mouse) if you dont have the mouse software. the mouse software for win 7 or 8 should work.

unless you can get anker to send you a link to an old archive with the software then your out of luck and may have to use a 3rd party.
but DONT use any site that asks for credit or any other kind of identity...

as for my part. they sent me a mouse. asked for a review and thats what they got.
im not there support section and the mouse they sent as a review sample has long since broken...
physically broke when the mouse wheel sheered at the spindle after about 11 months so was likely built to last about a year to 18 months with a 1 year warranty.

so yeah buyer beware with this mouse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.