Looking for good graphics card

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i love to play skyrim, but my graphics have to be at low to play it, and i despise that. i think the rest of my comp does fine except card. im looking for anything under 100$, i currently have intel hd. any help is much appreciated :)

Please list the components of your computer so we can know what will be compatable with your PC. Under $100 isn't much to work with and you may not get much higher in the settings.

XFX HD-685X-ZCFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$139.99 and a $20 rebate makes it $119.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150573

For $20 over your budget amount you can get this card which will play most games at med to high settings. If it fits in with your components.

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i was reading up on my comp, and the side of the computer says intel gma hd graphics, but the websites that show the specs all say it has nvidia geforce 315,the intel hd is part of the motherboard while nvidia is its own thing, ive heard its possible to switch between the two, would any one know how?

hesham555

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I suggest you get a better PSU first then get more cash and buy a new video card. For switching between intels and the GPU check your bios settings, it may have something in there, but most likely it is sometimes impossible to switch if its not an actual, but a GPU soldered onto the motherboard.

hesham555

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
If you got a new videocard the psu may not be enough and it will unusable until you buy a psu, if you buy a psu you can use intel hd untill you buy a new video card. Its your choice

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i realize now i need a low prof card, and more than likely a better psu. after 6+ hours pf research i see i can get both for roughly 100$ i found a 350 watt and a sphire 6670 for a total of about 100, so i think this will work quite nicely, thank you

I know that it's hard when on a tight budget and you want to get the most for your money but before you get the 6670 try and research a few benchmarks of games using that card to see if you will be able to get to any higher settings. You don't want to go through the trouble of taking the computer apart to replace the psu and video card only to find oput that you can't get to the settings that you want.

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
thanks i got a little wrapped up and forgot bout that... hopefully it will work better so i can at least play med graphics for skyrim, wich could very well be high graphics on other games

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i found one thats better, the radeon hd 6570. i watched about 4 vids, 2 on skyrim 1 on crysis and one on crysis 2, all on high quality , all with 50+ fps. that is much better than what i have and its 60$ on amazon. i found a relatively cheep 350 watt psu, wich is just enough for the graphics card, and its 30$ thanks alot for all of your help, ill purchase them tommorow, feel free to leave more suggestions if you find anything better :)

4745454b

Titan
Problem is there aren't many good 350W PSUs that are worth buying. And the last thing you want to do is buy a cheap PSU only to have it die on you later. I know you don't like this idea, but spend the money to buy a good ~500W PSU and then upgrade the GPU later when you have funds again.

mrbunnyman

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i was actually thinking about that, but i have a problem, i have a slimline build, so i dont think i can fit a full sized psu in. i have not opened it up yet to measure but im pretty sure it requires a specific type.... a 500 would be nice though