Question Looking for HMDI to Display Port + 3.5mm audio breakout cable

roberttheed

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
I have a sort of unique issue. I have a video card that outputs to HDMI and a monitor that has Display Port. Simple enough, but I got thinking about it and there is no audio on the monitor or way to attach a speaker to it. I figured I'd just get an HDMI to Display Port adapter until I realized this. I've been looking for an adapter now that goes from HDMI to Display Port but also breaks out to a 3.5mm audio, for those cases where Display Port and Audio need to be separated. I haven't found anything and to be honest, I'd be surprised if such a cable existed. Does anyone have any ideas, maybe even a different solution I haven't considered?

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
I think you would have to get a HDMI audio splitter, split the audio out, then add your HDMI to DP adapter after that.

Not saying this is the one for you, just for example.
Something like this: Look here

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

roberttheed

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. I did find one that will do it. Now I'm just trying to figure out the most economical way. I will need two of them. So with the bulky adapters, the power cables for them, the speakers, their cables and power cables. It's starting to add up to a lot of extra cables and even worse, I don't think my power strip can take all those. The monitors and the desk are pretty low profile so hiding all that crap is going to be difficult, unless I can find something cleaner, which I doubt I will.

Thanks everyone.