Question Looking for new headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropment

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2016
I am looking for a new headset for pc. I mostly play call of duty so mic quality and audio quality are important to me. They need to be closed back as I live in a semi-noisy environment. I am not sure if i want wireless or wired. My gaming sessions are usually 8+ hours so battery life would need to be good if wireless. I do not have a dac nor would want to buy one unless it came with the headset. Also I am not interested in buying a usb mic or xlr mic.
My price range is around $200 but it can stretch.
I live in the US as well

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
Since you're mostly gaming, wireless should serve you fine. If you really care about maximum audio quality, then a wired headset would deliver improved performance as opposed to Bluetooth, but at that point you would be better off getting a headset specifically for that purpose over a gaming oriented headset. If you want something right around 200 dollars, the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Wireless is a good choice. It has solid bass response, a decent quality microphone, and is pretty good at noise isolation. The battery life is a little mediocre at around 30 hours, but still more than enough for long play sessions. It's a solid headset for 180 dollars.

If you can stretch your budget a little bit, the Logitech G PRO X 2 Wireless is a higher tier headset than the SteelSeries. It is more pricey at 250 dollars, but for that extra cash, you're getting a detachable microphone, good base response with improved treble and mid response, and nearly 100 hours of battery life on a single charge. The SteelSeries can seamlessly switch between two connected devices, and is slightly better at blocking external noise, but if the improved audio quality and battery life are important to you, go with the G PRO.

Dropment

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2016
Since you're mostly gaming, wireless should serve you fine. If you really care about maximum audio quality, then a wired headset would deliver improved performance as opposed to Bluetooth, but at that point you would be better off getting a headset specifically for that purpose over a gaming oriented headset. If you want something right around 200 dollars, the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Wireless is a good choice. It has solid bass response, a decent quality microphone, and is pretty good at noise isolation. The battery life is a little mediocre at around 30 hours, but still more than enough for long play sessions. It's a solid headset for 180 dollars.

If you can stretch your budget a little bit, the Logitech G PRO X 2 Wireless is a higher tier headset than the SteelSeries. It is more pricey at 250 dollars, but for that extra cash, you're getting a detachable microphone, good base response with improved treble and mid response, and nearly 100 hours of battery life on a single charge. The SteelSeries can seamlessly switch between two connected devices, and is slightly better at blocking external noise, but if the improved audio quality and battery life are important to you, go with the G PRO.
Thanks for the reply!
How do these stake up against the razer blackshark v2 2023.
Do you have any wired options as well?
Customer support is important to me as well if anything happens

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
The Razor headset is not as good as either of the other two options. The Razor has a great microphone, but lackluster audio quality. I think once you use wireless headphones you will wonder how you ever survived without them. Taking a quick break to use the restroom or grab a snack for example; you can just leave your headset on without having to worry about being tethered and still receive and transmit audio.

Dropment

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2016
The Razor headset is not as good as either of the other two options. The Razor has a great microphone, but lackluster audio quality. I think once you use wireless headphones you will wonder how you ever survived without them. Taking a quick break to use the restroom or grab a snack for example; you can just leave your headset on without having to worry about being tethered and still receive and transmit audio.
I have a wireless mouse with the no latency dongle, will I get any interference with that?
All the videos for headphone round-up are all wireless now which is crazy.
one more thing the Logitech g pro x2 lightspeed headset how does this compare to the audeze maxwell?

Last edited:

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
The Maxwell Wireless is generally better than the previous two headsets, but they are much more expensive. If you are willing to stretch your budget to around 300 dollars, it would be a solid upgrade. It's up to you if you're willing to spend 50 dollars above your set budget for the Logitech, or 100 for the Maxwells.

Last edited:

Dropment

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2016
The Maxwell Wireless is generally better than the previous two headsets, but they is much more expensive. If you are willing to stretch your budget to around 300 dollars, it would be a solid upgrade. It's up to you if you're willing to spend 50 dollars above your set budget for the Logitech, or 100 for the Maxwells.
I have seen some great reviews for both. I also did see that the Logitech is more sturdier than the Maxwells. If I am spending that much money i want it to last for a while. I know logitech does have good customer support but I don't know anything about Audeze. Also in some reviews about the Maxwells they say the durability isn't that great even after a couple of months. And for the Logitech, the microphone is ehh according to hardware cancucks

Last edited:

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
Three hundred dollars is a lot to spend on a gaming headset, and in my personal opinion I believe the Logitech headphones are a nice middle ground between the Maxwells and SteelSeries, both in terms of price and features. Especially considering that you already have some Logitech products, I think you will be happy with them and the G PRO Wireless will serve you well.

Reactions: Dropment
I own both Corsair Virtuoso and Audeze Maxwell. The Corsair have nice build quality, very good sound and great mic. The Maxwell are a heavy(ish) headset with AMAZING audio quality, great build quality and a decent mic. The battery on the Corsair is great, but the Maxwell is ridiculous. I've had my unit since before Christmas and I've charged it twice, once when I first got it and then about 3 weeks ago. The 80hr battery life is probably really close to reality.

Dropment

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2016
I own both Corsair Virtuoso and Audeze Maxwell. The Corsair have nice build quality, very good sound and great mic. The Maxwell are a heavy(ish) headset with AMAZING audio quality, great build quality and a decent mic. The battery on the Corsair is great, but the Maxwell is ridiculous. I've had my unit since before Christmas and I've charged it twice, once when I first got it and then about 3 weeks ago. The 80hr battery life is probably really close to reality.
Have you had any wear or tear on the Maxwell's?

Status
Not open for further replies.