Looking for New Video Card - Help Please

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

frel-dar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Everything seems to be working. Now that I'm up and running - is there anything that I should be looking for. I noticed the vent underneath the card seem to be releasing hotter air (as opposed to the cool air coming from other vents) - should I be concerned?

frel-dar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I ran 3dmark05 and it went fine.
I ran Aquamark3 and it froze right at the end - I hit ESC and it went to my desktop.

I ran Doom3 and I cannot see "flame effects" - for example, in the opening when teh ship drops you off all I see are "yellow" circles. The same thing occurs when any of the demons through fire at me...any ideas?

Also, and this may just be me being paranoid, my system seems to be loading things slower than usual (loading Firefox, etc). Could this be related?

frel-dar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
thanks, I'll check that out.

any thoughts on my Doom 3 problem? Could it be power supply related? I notice that when my pc boots the fan on the X850 XT fires up and is fairly loud (which I would expect) (this happens during the MSI splash screen -"the only Core cell you'll ever need, etc"), then it quiets down. any thoughts?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's a thermaly controled fan, it takes a few seconds for the thermal controller to take its temp reading and slow the fan down at boot.

I don't know what your Doom 3 problem is...but power problems generally cause lockups or reboots.