[SOLVED] Looking for opinions on parts list? For design/CAD work. (Canada)

Apr 28, 2020
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Cj3LRk
Hey guys so this is the parts I'm currently looking into. Originally got everything priced out but was on the American site so that was a little disappointing. My main use would be design and CAD work while also being able to play games. I've done research but am not super knowledgeable with PCs. I'm aware that new gen CPU and GPU are on the way but I don't know if I'm willing to wait for that. I had originally gone with the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, but from what I've seen they are more or less sold out everywhere. I also noticed that the Canadian price for that board is higher than this x570 board I have selected which also has onboard WiFi which I need. Is there anything I should change. I've been making and editing list for what feels like months now and am having a hard time feeling comfortable pulling the trigger due to my lack of knowledge. Thanks
I forgot to add that ideally I would like to use an RTX GPU to make use of some features in rendering software that I currently use (Keyshot).

Solution
Looks good, the x570 is a better board in general, but as of right now, the b450 tomahawk max is in stock for $170.

To get the most out of your cpu, the ram should be 3600Mhz cl16-18 , but it is a fair bit more expensive. The difference isn't staggering either, so the ram you chose is fine in my book as well.

The psu is good, the RMx can be had for $10 more if it was ever in stock, but the RM is still an excellent pick.

Good job.
Looks good, the x570 is a better board in general, but as of right now, the b450 tomahawk max is in stock for $170.

To get the most out of your cpu, the ram should be 3600Mhz cl16-18 , but it is a fair bit more expensive. The difference isn't staggering either, so the ram you chose is fine in my book as well.

The psu is good, the RMx can be had for $10 more if it was ever in stock, but the RM is still an excellent pick.

Good job.

Solution
Apr 28, 2020

Good job.
Awesome, yeah I was looking that up for the Ryzen and saw that the 3600mhz ram would work better but it was like a $50+ difference and I think I'd rather go with the 3200mhz at this point. Ill have a look at the b450 again, I didn't see it on amazon, must have missed it. I was also getting a notice with the Tomahawk on PCPP saying that two SATA port are disable if i use m.2 NVMe. The only thing that I like with the x570 is that I heard it will be compatible with the newer ryzen processors and it has onboard wifi. I don't know if thats worth the price difference but ill have to see. Ill definitely have a look at the PSU as well. Thanks!