[SOLVED] Looking for quality 120mm static pressure case fans!

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
I'm picking parts for my new PC build and can't decide whether I go for be quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM High Speed or wait for the Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap restock.

Is the Silent Wing 3 even static pressure or normal airflow?

Solution
silent wings are meant for silence rather than performance overall.

If looking for a quiet option, then those are good, but if looking for more cooling potential, then something else would be better like Cooler Master's Master Fan series.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Probably the easiest way to find a decent sp fan is look to see what's on AIO's that isn't spinning at 2000+ rpm. Sp from stats is kinda iffy as there's no standard test unlike cfm. Sp is generally how much water is moved away and kept at bay from the fan. But conditions can change according to angle, water used, container used, distance from fan to container, what part of the radius the fan is set at etc. So everybody ends us with squewed results.

But a fan that performs well on a radiator (there's only a handful of actual rad manufacturers, so they are all very similar) at lower rpm is going to have decent sp/cfm balance through restrictions.

Corsair ML Pro, EK Vardar, Noctua A?x25 etc

Plain fans tend to have better performance than their rgb/argb brothers in the same series.

Reactions: RodroX

TRENDING THREADS