Question Looking for suggestions on Nvidia settings for ultrawide monitor

Mar 13, 2020
Cross posted from Display forum… I have Dell running Windows 10 and a Dell U3818DW (38 in) monitor with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 graphic card. The monitor is set to 3840 x 1600. Most of the games I play are fine but I have a couple from 1 developer who’s games don’t play nice with my monitor and settings. (And yes, I’ve opened up help desk tickets but they are “too busy” to help yet).

The problem is if I set
Full Screen & Wide Screen on all I have is the inventory bar – no map, menu, etc
FS on, WS off, I have everything on the bottom, inventory bar, map, menu but part of the picture is cut off and I have large black bars on the side
FS off, WS on, I have everything but at 3840 x 1600, it’s kind of small….

I have tried some of the compatibility settings in properties, like run in compatibility mode for Windows 8 & 7. I’ve also tried Change High DPI Scaling. I’ve also tried changing my resolution and that didn’t help. I feel like I’m grabbing straws at random.
I tried changing some of the Nvidia settings like scaling mode but I’m really not sure what I’m doing and I don’t want to break something else.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated even if it’s just I can get a larger windowed mode..

Thanks, Marjory M

This does not seem like an issue with nVidia or the monitor but rather some specific games, which you did not list. Did you check their support forums or done a web search for issues with the games?

I'd try running them at different resolutions see if that helps.

Bit odd you are running a $1,000 monitor on a $30 slow video card.

Mar 13, 2020
Well @hang-the-9, I may get booted from the forums but here goes..
I never said it was an issue with Nvidia or the monitor. I was asking for help with Nvidia settings. I also posted that I have opened help desk tickets as well as trying different resolutions to resolve this. I'm not sure what the price of my video card has to learning about how to use what I have however if you can show me that a better video card could resolve this, I'm all ears.
Lastly, right, I didn't name the games or the Devs because they aren't relevant. I can't change what they do.