Looking for the best bang for buck PC

Aljosa59265

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2015
So I want to build a PC and here in my country there are some pretty good prebuilt PC offers! I found GTX 1060 6GB and i5 7500 with 8GB of RAM and a build with GTX 1060 6GB and Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB of RAM. Now the price difference between these two is about 100€. I've been wondering whether it's worth spending additional 100€ on Ryzen and 16GB RAM? I'm mostly playing newer games and surfing the Internet and sometimes I record some footage on Shadowplay. The most important thing for me is a fast PC which runs games smoothly!

Solution
if youre not overclocking the stock fan is fine. Of course it cant compete with a huge aftermarket cooler capable for overclocking but it does the job.
If it lets you get the 1070 id go with the i5. If required, you can always add another 8gb later. (make sure its the same model & brand of RAM)

fredfinks

Honorable
Consider ebay for an i5 6th gen cpu and 170 chipset mobo. If gaming performance is your thing id go with that. Then you could get a 1080.
Apart from streaming shadowplay nonsense (you gonna start a youtube channel?) the flaw in the PC is GPU power, not cpu.

Aljosa59265

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2015
Well, that thing with recording was just thrown because I don't know what I'll be upto later down the line. The thing with ebay is that I won't be able to do that because customs fare is huge in my country and I'm not into buildinng a PC myself at all! I've been looking all over the internet for some good solutions, but it's kinda hard to dind some good deals in my country! I thought this could maybe be a good upgrade from my current PC with FX 8320 and GTX 960

Aljosa59265

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2015
I just found another good deal with i5 7600 8gb ram and gtx 1070 for similar price like ryzen and 1060 build! I'm just wondering whether i5 7600 has a good stock cooler like ryzen! I'm looking to play games at really good settings for longer period of time and maybe 1070 is even better deal!

fredfinks

Honorable
if youre not overclocking the stock fan is fine. Of course it cant compete with a huge aftermarket cooler capable for overclocking but it does the job.
If it lets you get the 1070 id go with the i5. If required, you can always add another 8gb later. (make sure its the same model & brand of RAM)

Solution