[SOLVED] Looking for thoughts on low-profile Nvidia cards

RagnarokEOTW

Reputable
May 26, 2017
For space and budget reasons, I mainly use a compact all-in-one build. It's using desktop parts, so it's still an upgradable system (unlike some), it just needs compact parts.

I need to use Nvidia cards for compatibility with various programs I use, and I'm currently using the MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP.

Although there's been low profile versions of the GTX 1650 for some time, I'd been holding off on upgrading because it's not that big a leap and my expectation was that there would, at some stage, be a GTX 1650 Ti. However, with the recent announcements about the 1650 Super, it seems that may well not be happening... or, at least, not soon. And with the reports that the 1650 Super will be a 100W card that needs a 6 pin power connector, I'm not expecting that to come in a low profile version (even if my power supply could reasonably handle it).

Is there any expectation that there will be a low profile Nvidia card better than the GTX 1650 in the reasonable future, or am I really just stuck with the 1650 as an option?

Solution
It will probably come out sooner or later, I know Gigabyte has a 1660 Super mini-itx card. Asus was supposed to have one as well and it looks like Zotac does as well.