Looking for upgrade options on 2010 build

SpookyOnRye

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Built this at the tail end of 2010 and it's been serving my every need. Looking for possible upgrade options that make sense without completely rethinking the wheel. I do plan on building a new system in the future, so if that's the recommended course of action, then that's fine.

Mostly use for gaming, though recently I've been wanting to try out livestreaming as well. Tends to be pretty stressful on the system. I haven't had many problems running games. Mostly think I need a RAM upgrade and then worry about the rest when I build a new system.

Specs:
MB: Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
PS: Corsair 650W

Thanks for any suggestions

Solution
Actually, as your CPU, motherboard and GPU are quite old, if you have the budget to do so, I'd recommend building another system with an i3 CPU and reusing your old case (if possible), PSU (again, if possible), RAM and HDD.

SpookyOnRye

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Any suggestion on what to replace it with? I've heard it isn't too hard to run DDR3 1600 on this MB. Looking at 8GB RAM at the moment, wouldn't think I'd need much more than that.

Edit: I think I made this thread wrong, meant for it to be a discussion thread. Oh well.

Actually, as your CPU, motherboard and GPU are quite old, if you have the budget to do so, I'd recommend building another system with an i3 CPU and reusing your old case (if possible), PSU (again, if possible), RAM and HDD.

Solution