ZUIT00ZUIT 85

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2015
To begin with, I sort of just want to do this for the aesthetic side of things, as stupid as that sounds.

I'm thinking of rebuilding my PC to do this and so far the parts I've liked so far are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATM AM4
Memory: Corsair vengeance RGB Pro (2 x 8gb DDR4 3200)
PSU: Corsair RMx 550W

I've already got the storage from my current PC ill use for this new build.

What I need help understanding is what graphic cards am I able to build a custom water cooled loop around or can you just build a custom loop around any graphic card?
Also what recommendations for a PC case would you recommend me using for this idea and what pump and reservoir would you use.

Solution
I'm just going to link you to this custom cooling sticky before this thread gets buried like all the others asking similar questions.

If you haven't done your homework on custom cooling, you're more likely to get ignored, even by the actual custom cooling experts wandering this forum.
If they think you're looking for a walkthrough, they'll look a this thread and simply move on.

tshinhar

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Basically you can use every graphics card you want as long as you can get a waterblock for it.

Since cards with reference pcb are the most common they have the widest range of waterblocks options available but you can easily find waterblocks for cards with custom pcb

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm just going to link you to this custom cooling sticky before this thread gets buried like all the others asking similar questions.

If you haven't done your homework on custom cooling, you're more likely to get ignored, even by the actual custom cooling experts wandering this forum.
If they think you're looking for a walkthrough, they'll look a this thread and simply move on.

Reactions: grimfox
Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Typically pretty correct.

I don't really like spending a lot of time helping someone who hasn't already done a good deal of work themselves to research and learn what might be needed.

However, let me know when you feel you have the concepts and solid questions in place.

I generally like to avoid 'I want to install custom watercooling but don't know how, tell me what to buy'.

Knowing for yourself helps you as a consumer know exactly what is good advice or bad advice....and I've seen people take a lot of bad advice because they choose to allow someone else to spend their money for them without doing any research.

Reactions: grimfox