[SOLVED] Looking to buy a new case.

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
I have been looking to buy a new case. After looking around online I have found 3 cases that have caught my attention.
Cooler master H500P mesh
Cooler master TD500
Phanteks Eclipse P500a DRGB

Currently I have a cheap case and my motherboard is an Asus b450 plus. Seeing the IO on these cases has made me realize that I will need to upgrade my motherboard as well. I am interested in making a setup with RGB this time so I was wondering if these cases have built in RGB controllers. I was also looking for advice for what RGB fans I should buy to fill up the spaces. I am also interested in using a vertical GPU setup. What case should I get and what motherboard?

Last edited:
Solution
^ Any modern (B450, X470, B550, A520, X570) motherboard will support the 2 USB 3.0 case connections, they are both feed of from a single motherboard connection. If you have a use for the USB-C connection you have to purchase that as a option.

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Gamers Nexus on YouTube has reviews of all 3 of those, maybe watch those videos to help you decide. I own the Phanteks P300A, P400A, & P500A and like all of them. The Biggest issue with Phanteks products is availability, if you didn't purchase a P500A within the first couple days of release good luck finding one today.

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Gamers Nexus on YouTube has reviews of all 3 of those, maybe watch those videos to help you decide. I own the Phanteks P300A, P400A, & P500A and like all of them. The Biggest issue with Phanteks products is availability, if you didn't purchase a P500A within the first couple days of release good luck finding one today.
Yeah I have been trying to find one online but I don’t see any available. I have watched all the videos but I can’t decide which one to get. I am looking to make a setup with RGB this time so a case that would make that easier would be nice.

dimtodim

Reputable
I have been looking to buy a new case. After looking around online I have found 3 cases that have caught my attention.
Cooler master H500P mesh
Cooler master TD500
Phanteks Eclipse P500a DRGB

Currently I have a cheap case and my motherboard is an Asus b450 plus. Seeing the IO on these cases has made me realize that I will need to upgrade my motherboard as well. I am interested in making a setup with RGB this time so I was wondering if these cases have built in RGB controllers. I was also looking for advice for what RGB fans I should buy to fill up the spaces. I am also interested in using a vertical GPU setup. What case should I get and what motherboard?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3jECWn4FBt-3k8O8b8krv6

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Thats a good one too, I own it as well or I should say I owned the Lancool II and bought the conversion kit to turn it into the Lancool II Mesh.
this does look good. I was wondering, if I wanted to add more RGB fans or the strips sold by Lian li is there a controller built in that I plug them into or do I have to buy it separately ( I have never worked with RGB ).

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
this does look good. I was wondering, if I wanted to add more RGB fans or the strips sold by Lian li is there a controller built in that I plug them into or do I have to buy it separately ( I have never worked with RGB ).
I think there is a built in controller in the Lancool II Mesh but read the product page to be sure https://www.lian-li.com/lancool-ii-mesh-rgb/

All of my Phanteks cases are the non-RGB models as well, RGB is a huge negative to me and way to "fruity" looking to ever consider. Most decent motherboards these days can handle any of you RGB needs I would think. I do have LED lights in all my cases but leave them solid Orange unless I actuall need to see in the cases then I will change them to White. I also replace all stock fans with Cougar Vortex (orange color) models.
xx24dFj.jpg

My Phanteks P300A

Q1k7ClR.jpg

My Phanteks P400A

kqktcC4.jpg

My Phanteks P500A

btjXJJA.jpg

My Lancool II converted to Lancool II Mesh
AXMBlG0.jpg

All of them together

Reactions: Pickachu

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
I think there is a built in controller in the Lancool II Mesh but read the product page to be sure https://www.lian-li.com/lancool-ii-mesh-rgb/

All of my Phanteks cases are the non-RGB models as well, RGB is a huge negative to me and way to "fruity" looking to ever consider. Most decent motherboards these days can handle any of you RGB needs I would think. I do have LED lights in all my cases but leave them solid Orange unless I actuall need to see in the cases then I will change them to White. I also replace all stock fans with Cougar Vortex (orange color) models.
xx24dFj.jpg

My Phanteks P300A

Q1k7ClR.jpg

My Phanteks P400A

kqktcC4.jpg

My Phanteks P500A

btjXJJA.jpg

My Lancool II converted to Lancool II Mesh
AXMBlG0.jpg

All of them together
I have been looking at the lancool 2 mesh RGB and I think I will probably get it. I noticed that it has 2 usb 3.0 ports and my motherboard only supports one. What motherboard should I get to accompany this.

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
^ Any modern (B450, X470, B550, A520, X570) motherboard will support the 2 USB 3.0 case connections, they are both feed of from a single motherboard connection. If you have a use for the USB-C connection you have to purchase that as a option.

Solution