Question Looking to get a new case

jtibbs

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
I am currently using an EVGA-DG86 computer case for my gaming setup. I got it when they released, and while its served its purpose well, I've been thinking about replacing it.

I've had some minor issues with this case, that have really been making me dislike it the longer I have it. Its been with me through about 2 different iterations. And both of the motherboards cannot use their IO panels because the frame just does not line up. The side panel latch does not work, I have to break the handle off the latch every time I need access to the back side of the motherboard and push the latch down with a screw driver. I'm not sure why it doesn't work with the handle. And other minor things. Its also just overly big compared to other towers in its weight class. My previous case being a CM Stormtrooper, was a great case and I had hoped this would surpass it.

Anyway, as for a new case. I'm looking for something to do water cooling in. I'm heavily considering doing hard tubing water cooling. I want to be able to show it off with some RBG lighting in it. And most importantly, it needs to be able to support up to 3 HDDs and 1 SSD and ATX form MB.

This is obviously meant to be more of a form update to my build, rather than a function.

I'm planning to do this for my next new full computer build, but I don't want to break the bank on a computer case.

Because of the bays I need for storage I'm guessing I'll likely need to keep to full tower, but I would like to be able to move it to my desk so a mid tower would be acceptable if I can find one.

TL;DR I need a computer case that can fit 3x3.5"bays, 1x2.5" bay, ATX MB, and room for a pump/reservoir and radiator.

I've looked at many cases already, but I need help figuring out what to choose, any suggestions welcome.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the budget you've allocated for the case purchase. We're also going to need to know what sort of a watercooling gear you want to populate the case with since there are a number of watercooling hardware manufacturer's and each have a different design and dimension to their products. Res's aren't excluded from the condition.

We will also need to know your current specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

I could suggest something from Thermaltake, the A500 or the Fractal-Design Define R6 but a refined suggestion would be a good idea.

As Lutfij mentioned, we will need a budget

That being said,

I'd advise taking a look at the sharkoon s25 series

There are many options to choose from, e.g; with window or without, with sound padding or without etc

The case is perfect for atx builds, lots of room to work with, allows for easy cable managment, decent materials
Really good value for the money

I have built several systems using a s25 in one form or another and was always happy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJQs9B351Y

jtibbs

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
I'd put my cap at $250.

As I said before this is for a future build. I have not planned out additional parts for it yet as they are not my current concern. Not sure why knowing the individual parts is important beyond form factor of the parts which I've already listed above.

1x 2.5" SSD
3x 3.5" HDD for internal use
An ATX form MB
4x4GB RAM most likely
My current GPU is a 1080TI SC2 from EVGA, but not sure if I'll be getting whatever Nvidia puts out later this year, and I'm not sure when I'll do this build. Will likely be later this year.
RM850i from Corsair

I purposely mentioned that I plan to try hard tubing so obviously I'm looking for a case that can fit a pump reservoir combo. But I haven't got that part decided yet, unless you're expecting me to make the entire build around the pump/reservoir. I wouldn't expect the fit to be so restricted that my choices are severely limited.

Last edited: