[SOLVED] Looking to Update Legacy BIOS (AMI 5.09)

Mar 30, 2020
I am trying to find the appropriate firmware to update my BIOS to. I have an older system made in 2009, and traditional support for my setup is non-existent. With this being said, I am concerned about trying to flash my BIOS with wrong firmware and was hoping someone more familiar with this could assist.

The main reason I am hoping to update my BIOS is I am wanting support for RAID configurations (currently it shows only IDE and AHCI). Even if a newer version doesn't support RAID from the BIOS, I would still like to update regardless.

Here is my current setup:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model AV129AV-ABA p6180t
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU AV129AV#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9505 @ 2.83GHz, 2833 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.09, 8/19/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
BaseBoard Product Eureka3
BaseBoard Version 1.02
Platform Role Desktop

I believe I saw someone with a very similar setup who had v5.10 while scouring the web, so I believe there is an update out there somewhere.

Solution
RAID would not be added to the BIOS if it's not in the one you have now, it is a too large of a part of the motherboard options not to be available in any BIOS version.

If you can't find the driver file through a web search, no-one on here would be able to find it either, it's not on HP support downloads anymore and any search leads to 3rd party driver sites which often cause issues if you try to use their files.

If the system is working fine now, just let it be, one of the more fun ways to break a system is to try to fix something that is not an issue. If it's working, don't try to do something that may cause it to stop working.

You can add RAID to the system using an add-on card if you really want RAID in it.
RAID would not be added to the BIOS if it's not in the one you have now, it is a too large of a part of the motherboard options not to be available in any BIOS version.

If you can't find the driver file through a web search, no-one on here would be able to find it either, it's not on HP support downloads anymore and any search leads to 3rd party driver sites which often cause issues if you try to use their files.

If the system is working fine now, just let it be, one of the more fun ways to break a system is to try to fix something that is not an issue. If it's working, don't try to do something that may cause it to stop working.

You can add RAID to the system using an add-on card if you really want RAID in it.

Reactions: yngwie98
Solution
Reactions: kdav20