Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
I’m looking to upgrade my pc but am unsure which parts to upgrade to

I currently have:

Rtx 2060
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram 2666 ddr4
Gigabyte a320m-s2h motherboard

I am wanting to keep my graphics card but upgrade the rest, any suggestions?

I'd advise you not to buy the motherboard before you buy the CPU and RAM....to avoid not finding out until August that the motherboard that you bought in April is defective.

Having said that....

Your CPU was introduced about 5 years ago. What disappoints you about what you have....what doesn't it do well enough?

Exclusively gaming? Half? Very little?

You want AMD only?

nicksmall121

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
I'd advise you not to buy the motherboard before you buy the CPU and RAM....to avoid not finding out until August that the motherboard that you bought in April is defective.

Having said that....

Your CPU was introduced about 5 years ago. What disappoints you about what you have....what doesn't it do well enough?

Exclusively gaming? Half? Very little?

You want AMD only?
Really only use my pc for gaming

I’m noticing that I’m dropping frames in games which require better hardware and not really liking having to drop the graphics all the way down to play them smoothly

I’ve only ever had amd but not really bothered between Intel and amd

Yea, doing that, they can enjoy a big boost to performance, with little effort. Even with their slow ram, it will be a vast improvement, over an R5 2600.

I've seen a few threads recently with people looking to upgrade their aging AM4 platforms and many suggesting 1200 series Intel cpus and motherboards. I don't understand why as the 5800x3d is a monster of a gaming cpu for a very old platform.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-5800x3d-review/5