Question Looking to Upgrade (Suggestions Please)

blitzer850

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2012
Hello.. thank you for taking time to read my questions..

My son has a ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 & running a single 500GB WD M.2 Blue SN550 PCIe NVMe + Seagate 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo.

Can i please have recommendations for best
M.2 SSD for each pci-e slot, & memory to fill 4 slots, best prices for budget..ive seen some decent prices lately for M.2 SSD 2TB, WD black for gaming for around $129
He games & looking for stability, less lag & decent speed. I upgraded his video card 6 months ago as other card is dead..i bought a GF RTX3080 & runs decent & at the time got best price I could find, which all video card prices are ridiculous..
Any recommendations i would be very grateful as this will be upgrades for Christmas & birthday which fall in same month lol ouch..
Thanks👍

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The WD Black line is a great value for speed. I like Crucial as well, and of course Samsung but hard to call that value unless you catch a good sale.

Get that HDD out of the system and go all NVMe. You don't mention RAM so something fast, matched kit, and at the least 16GB, but would recommend 32 if this system will be in use for a while longer. Update to a R5 5600.

You don't mention graphics card so we would have to assume updating that is not on the table?

We could offer more help if you would list complete hardware and more specific use case.