Question Losing my sanity over this! Any help appreciated.

limefireg

Honorable
Dec 2, 2017
Hi everyone. Hope you have the time to read through this and enlighten me. I have a friends pc for repair... 5900Χ, Gigabyte X570 Gaming, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro Ram, Zotac RTX 3070, Kioxia 500gb nvme and two other ssd's. It started overheating and thats when he gave it to me. Turned out to be the liquid cooler which i replaced. It worked fine for a few days and then the first BSOD came up. (page fault in nonpaged area). He uses the pc for rendering so i though maybe the ram was faulty or wasn't enough. Replaced the ram with 4 x 16GB Vengeance RGB Pro. Stress tested it Furmark + Aida 64 running overnight, nothing came up so i called it a day. Few days then boom more BSOD's. Kernel Power and NoPaged Area after rendering for few minutes. Temps were fine, stress tested it again 2~3 hours, no blue screen. HD Sentinel showed the KIOXIA driver having 98% Health. I replace the nvme with a Samsung 970 just to be sure. Reinstall windows, install drivers etc. He takes it back installs all his rendering software (all bought and legit btw) runs few renders... Boom, blue screen. I run stress test OCCT, FurMark, Memtest. Nothing comes up. I also ran a render and it didnt cause a problem, but i bet if i used it for few days it would. Please, tell me you have something in mind cause i cant just go about changing all parts one by one :'). A cry for help, thanks in advance

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Unusual stability problems are often poor power supplies or dirty power. If it works for you and not him, check the outlets/power strips/circuits he is plugging into.

Beyond that, running with a broken cooler while trying to do renders probably did the CPU no good. If it got too hot, it may have developed an intermittent fault.

limefireg

Honorable
Dec 2, 2017
Unusual stability problems are often poor power supplies or dirty power. If it works for you and not him, check the outlets/power strips/circuits he is plugging into.

Beyond that, running with a broken cooler while trying to do renders probably did the CPU no good. If it got too hot, it may have developed an intermittent fault.
I see, it crossed my mind but wouldn't the pc crash or show any kind of fault when stress testing using AIDA, OCCT and Prime if it was the cpu?

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
blue screen with sad microsoft face happen for a variety of reasons ,, like for me it's my tp link card , that is under the new chinese sanctions . it simply doesn't work in windows 11 because they are sanctioned . you gotta find the precise cause !

Reactions: limefireg