Fyrsign

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003
My sons computer appears to have lost green a few days ago. I was futzing around in the display settings (Geforce4Ti 4200) trying to use the Color Correction menu to fix things when I realized that not only is the Green setting icon showing as black, but moving it changes absolutely nothing, while adjusting Red and Blue works as normal.

I am assuming the card died (first time I've seen this particular problem), but I thought I'd check in with you guys and double check...

bobandy47

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
Try unplugging the monitor (from the computer) while the computer is on, and plugging it back in. Sometimes that is a problem source. Was for me, anyway. I got too much green...

[Insert witty comment here]

Fyrsign

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003
I did that, although I have not attempted to swap out montiors... I probably should rather than pester you all.

What stands out to me is that if you choose the "Advanced" color correction feature and use the line/balance/curve window (I've never actually determined what that bendy line is called, which is sad since I am quite adept at Photoshop and you can utilize it there as well) so that your Gamma, Contrast, et al settings are more fine-tuned (rather than just using the sliders), the line for Green won't bend, and lacks the two little "hotspot" circles indicating (I assume) grab points... Green truly appears to be dead on the card...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Fyrsign on 11/15/03 05:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
ya, try with a different monitor and monitor cable.

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
my cousin's computer does the same thing, but he is missing red color, his monitor cable has some problem, he has no money to buy a new monitor, so when his monitor turns without red color, he just hits his monitor with anything beside him like a dictionnary for example...then after some flashes, his monitor comes back normal...

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
could be the cable. just bend it a little to see if the color changes. you probly lost one of the guns in the monitor. in rare cases i guess its possible the card could have a problem.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015