Whatever

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

XP Home on Toshiba a70 Satellite laptop.

I lost the sound on my Toshiba. I think it happened after I installed MS
Office sounds.exe. All the drivers are there, volumes are up, devices
enabled etc. The only thing is when I go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio
Devices/Volume Tab, the volume fader is down and greyed out - I can't change
anything on this screen.

I uninstalled the sounds.exe and tried reinstalling the audio drivers
without effect. Other ideas anyone? TIA.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I have to open Volume Control in the task tray and hit mute twice for
some reason. Everything plays fine until a reboot. WinXP Home. Don't
know the fix, but this gets me going.