Jim

Hello all

I have a VERY urgent need to recover a partition table on a 160GB WD
Hard Drive. AS far as what I was doing at the time, I was applying an
upgrade to my Roxio CD Creator, and it told me to reboot, at which
point it did not recognize any of the partitions on my secondary drive
whcih I had been using with no problem only minutes before. I also
Uninstalled a copy of Netscape 7.2 at the same time. The PC itself
recognizes that the drive is attached and says it is in good working
order, just no partitions. Needless to say I am about to have a heart
attack if I dont get this stuff back. I have seen a lot of recovery
tools out there, but dont want to make this worse by using a lame
recovery tool. Please let me know what my best options would be to
proceed from here, and if you need any further data. Thanks in
advance.

-Jim

Jim

One other thing. I ran Norton Antivirus to see if there was a problem
with that, and Norton told me that I had an "error on disk 2", and "Do
I want Norton Disk Doctor to search for Extended Dos partitions and
rebuild the Partition Table?" I did not know Norton could even do
this. For all I know it may have saved a copy of the MBR. I am wary
of Norton, but just wondering if anyone has ever tried this? Thanks
again.

-Jim

joeP

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl - DiskPatch : MBR, Partition, boot sector
repair and recovery.

"Jim" <jimstaros@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I have a VERY urgent need to recover a partition table on a 160GB WD
> Hard Drive. AS far as what I was doing at the time, I was applying an
> upgrade to my Roxio CD Creator, and it told me to reboot, at which
> point it did not recognize any of the partitions on my secondary drive
> whcih I had been using with no problem only minutes before. I also
> Uninstalled a copy of Netscape 7.2 at the same time. The PC itself
> recognizes that the drive is attached and says it is in good working
> order, just no partitions. Needless to say I am about to have a heart
> attack if I dont get this stuff back. I have seen a lot of recovery
> tools out there, but dont want to make this worse by using a lame
> recovery tool. Please let me know what my best options would be to
> proceed from here, and if you need any further data. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> -Jim

Jim

Ok, I ran the DiskPatch utility and it worked pretty well. I recovered
2 of 3 missing drives. The problem was when I rebooted, XP scandisk
saw the drive that I didnt recover and tried to delete all of what it
saw as corrupted files. It got through a lot of them before I could
stop it. Is there any way to recover what is on that other disk, or is
it now gone? Thanks

-Jim

Do you have at least SP1 installed, AND BigATA support in BIOS?

"Jim" <jimstaros@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I have a VERY urgent need to recover a partition table on a 160GB WD
> Hard Drive. AS far as what I was doing at the time, I was applying an
> upgrade to my Roxio CD Creator, and it told me to reboot, at which
> point it did not recognize any of the partitions on my secondary drive
> whcih I had been using with no problem only minutes before. I also
> Uninstalled a copy of Netscape 7.2 at the same time. The PC itself
> recognizes that the drive is attached and says it is in good working
> order, just no partitions. Needless to say I am about to have a heart
> attack if I dont get this stuff back. I have seen a lot of recovery
> tools out there, but dont want to make this worse by using a lame
> recovery tool. Please let me know what my best options would be to
> proceed from here, and if you need any further data. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> -Jim

"Jim" <jimstaros@yahoo.com> wrote:

> One other thing. I ran Norton Antivirus to see if there was a problem
> with that, and Norton told me that I had an "error on disk 2", and "Do
> I want Norton Disk Doctor to search for Extended Dos partitions and
> rebuild the Partition Table?" I did not know Norton could even do
> this. For all I know it may have saved a copy of the MBR. I am wary
> of Norton, but just wondering if anyone has ever tried this?

Many have, and regret they did.

> Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS