Dec 4, 2020
Mostly ID 1000, 1005 and 7031, recently got one ID 161 volmgr which caused computer to restart itself.

ID 1000
  • MsMpEng.exe
  • Explorer.EXE
  • svchost.exe_DiagTrack
  • svchost.exe_Audiosrv

ID 1005 - mostly Windows unable to access files
  • System Windows cannot access file .../Windows Defender/Definition Updates/mpengine.dll
  • System Windows cannot access file .../Windows Defender/Scans/mpcache
  • System Windows cannot access file .../System32/mscms.dll
  • System Windows cannot access file .../System32/diagtrack.dll
  • System Windows cannot access file .../System32/Windows.Internal.Signals.dll

ID 7031 Service Control Manager
  • Service Antivirus defense in Microsoft Defender was unexpectedly ended, happened once, next repair action will be initiated in 100 miliseconds
  • Service interconnected user interfaces and telemetry was unexpectedly ended ...
  • Service Sound of system Windows was unexpectedly ended ...

I've also noticed that I am probably missing some services in the Services, while the files are translated differently in my language, I don't think I've seen WinDefend, MsMpEng.exe, Explorer.exe and svchost.exe in my Services. Windows Defender seems to be working well, but I sometimes get explorer.exe unknown hard error which can be clicked away.

Weirdly, these problems seem to be only on startup as if I check Event Viewer hours after starting the pc, it seems to be empty, but if I restart computer few times the errors load up.

Computer specs
Windows 10 20H2 (happened before too)
RX 5700 XT (was underclocked when ID 161 happened, errors are happening in default too tho)
Ryzen 5 3600
SSD software is stating that the SSD is 100% healthy

Troubleshooting
  • I've tried updating drivers with Radeon Software, Snappy Drivers and Windows Update
  • I also tried sfc /scannow, DISM, chkdsk and they found no error
  • another thing I've tried was factory reset twice, once with reformatting and cloud download
  • I was told I should try clean Windows install with USB disk, but haven't tried yet, do you think it's different from what I did previously?

If anyone knew anything that might help, I'd be very grateful, the computer is fairly new so it kinda bugs me that it's causing problems. Thanks in advance for any tip or help!

Solution
one test of that hard error is do a clean boot. All it does is stops any non Microsoft programs from running at startup.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n/4c0be311-c9d5-46e7-b352-c8656f5c0226?auth=1

ID 51 is an IO...

Colif

Win 11 Master
event viewer will have errors showing in it even if PC is working perfectly fine. A lot of them are one offs, the action might work every other time. You can ignore most of them.

Are you having any actual problems?

Dec 4, 2020
event viewer will have errors showing in it even if PC is working perfectly fine. A lot of them are one offs, the action might work every other time. You can ignore most of them.

Are you having any actual problems?
I'm not really sure to be honest, the computer seems to be working almost perfectly despite the number of errors and I haven't noticed any slowdown. However, I do get some error popup notifications from time to time, sometimes I get on startup "explorer.exe unknown hard error" which can be clicked away, once I got .NET Framework error which also could be clicked away without any problem, however there has been one instance of error crashing my computer - ID 161 volmgr. So while the computer seems to be fine, I feel like this shouldn't be happening.

Dec 4, 2020
No Event 46

Specs
RX 5700 XT (Sapphire Nitro+)
Ryzen 5 3600
Patriot VIPER 4 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600
Kingston A2000, M.2 - 1TB
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Seasonic FOCUS GX - 750W
Windows 10 64bit (20H2)

Kingston SSD Manager claims that the SSD is 100% healthy and that there is no available firmware update. Windows disk error check found no errors too, however when I run the same test in safe mode, it immediatelly tells me that there is an error and that I should fix it, but it only links me to chkdsk log that says everything is fine.

I think the ID 161 might've been caused by my underclocked GPU(?) When I ran default Radeon Underclock it crashed few minutes afterwards, but custom settings lasted for a week. I'll run default settings to see if the problem appears again. I also installed new .NET framework and sound driver update so I'll hope it will fix some problems too, but I'm still unsure about the Windows Defender errors and those random explorer.exe unknown hard error popups as it's first time I'm seeing something like this.

Dec 4, 2020
That's the problem, it does happen quite a lot, in the past 24 hours I got 10x ID 1005 and 18x ID 1018, most of them apppear on computer startup. I also noticed there are over 36x ID 51 disk alerts. I'm having these errors since the factory reset (about a week now).

Here is a screenshot, it's not mine, but the hard error looks like this, except it is in normal Windows and not in safe mode.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one test of that hard error is do a clean boot. All it does is stops any non Microsoft programs from running at startup.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n/4c0be311-c9d5-46e7-b352-c8656f5c0226?auth=1

ID 51 is an IO operation when writing to a physical disk, mostly the page file on C.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...er/backup-and-storage/event-id-51-information (too much info)

Solution