Question Lots of odd issues with my board. Should I RMA?

Jul 20, 2024
Extremely long story short.

I couldn't get the darn system (with all brand new parts) to boot at all for a long time. After a ridiculous amount of troubleshooting, I finally "fixed" it, or so I believed. For some insane reason the fix was mounting my GPU horizontally as opposed to vertically (removing my riser cable in the process). That solved it...

But a few days later I realized I can only boot if the system is off. If I try to restart the computer with the button in the Windows start menu or the reset button on my case, it fails every time. 5 beeps from the post speaker thing, which is a GPU issue.

Now I don't know what to do. Everything works perfectly right now, except I can't restart and I'm scared to mount vertically and have it start bugging out again (I bought a new riser, still in the box).

Also, I tried a different GPU (2060) I have with the same riser cable and same motherboard and it still failed. I thought that indicated an issue with the riser cable but now I'm thinking it's the board.

RMA or no? I would just accept things but the inability to restart makes it impossible to update Windows. And it's screaming at me.

Some specs:
Z690 Classified
13700KF
7900XT
1200W PSU and more than enough storage
custom loop

thanks