Question tried to upgrade cpu to my laptop but failed

Jul 20, 2024
hi guys just bought a cheap lenovo 460, i tried to upgrade cpu to a i7 920xm but wont show video, is there anyghing wrong? socket is g1 too

tried and swapped to old cpu i5 520m and gave bios video but when i put the i7 wont show video did i lost my money or i can do something like bios modding?

thank you in forward

USAFRet

Titan
hi guys just bought a cheap lenovo 460, i tried to upgrade cpu to a i7 920xm but wont show video, is there anyghing wrong? socket is g1 too

tried and swapped to old cpu i5 520m and gave bios video but when i put the i7 wont show video did i lost my money or i can do something like bios modding?

thank you in forward
Laptops are MUCH more restrictive in CPU swaps. The BIOS needs to be compatible, not just the socket.
Generally, this is due to heat issues.

Unless you can find some other person who has done this exact same swap, you're probably ot of luck.

And even if it did work, you're not really gaining any performance. Trading one ancient CPU for another ancient CPU.

Jul 20, 2024
Laptops are MUCH more restrictive in CPU swaps. The BIOS needs to be compatible, not just the socket.
Generally, this is due to heat issues.

Unless you can find some other person who has done this exact same swap, you're probably ot of luck.

And even if it did work, you're not really gaining any performance. Trading one ancient CPU for another ancient CPU.
thank you and thank you for your service sir