Lots of StarCraft 2 Sold in the First Two Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
i would like to know how much money they are making in relation to production costs, its good. thee are too many fps

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... this game is old good things and new feel combined in a very beautiful way... nostalgic, jet new... world would be a better place with good sequels, reboot's, remakes like this...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Impressive.
I may buy SC2 when there is a considerable community modder base and user maps.
I actually dislike competitive strategy games, but both SC1 and WC3 (which I still play) are still fun with user made maps. Team and competitive tower defence, RPG's, rickrolling, Footman vs. Grunts, Footmen Unleashed etc. all make WC3 one of my favourite games, even today (and my collection of xbox 360/ps2/ps3/pc games is quite large, yet it's WC3 that holds a special place in my heart). The only thing I regret is that the first time I went online with WC3 is that I didn't click the 'custom maps' button, and didn't until a couple years later.

I'd pay $50 for just a new version of WC3 (don't change the game play, just allow for even more customization, multi threading, wide screen support, access to hosting bots from Blizzard etc.).
You know, spend 12 years and just remake the same game, just like SC2. :)

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Impressive.I may buy SC2 when there is a considerable community modder base and user maps.I actually dislike competitive strategy games, but both SC1 and WC3 (which I still play) are still fun with user made maps. Team and competitive tower defence, RPG's, rickrolling, Footman vs. Grunts, Footmen Unleashed etc. all make WC3 one of my favourite games, even today (and my collection of xbox 360/ps2/ps3/pc games is quite large, yet it's WC3 that holds a special place in my heart). The only thing I regret is that the first time I went online with WC3 is that I didn't click the 'custom maps' button, and didn't until a couple years later.I'd pay $50 for just a new version of WC3 (don't change the game play, just allow for even more customization, multi threading, wide screen support, access to hosting bots from Blizzard etc.).You know, spend 12 years and just remake the same game, just like SC2.[/citation]
... WarCraft 3 HD...

sp00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I like the game, but battle.net is way too tight on security. You can't change you screen name and you can't reset your achievements. A big thread about this is already on the Blizzard forum.

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I dont think this includes steam sales, they never release them but great opening anyways although I was expecting something of a bigger scale

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]stevesauce[/nom]So much for no LAN play.[/citation]
I stuck with it, and didn't buy the game.
If they remove LAN simply to avoid piracy, it's a very good reason for me to pirate it. Blizzard never were about sacrificing quality in favor of economy in the past, and I certainly don't support them doing so now. Too much activison in their current thinking.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Any more detailed reviews from players? I've found that I've gotten bored with games that are just upgraded graphics and minor gameplay tweaks of earlier versions. I tend to buy them then get really disappointed when they don't hold my interest.

The Civ series has been the worst for this... I buy every new version hoping for something that brings back the coolness of the earliest versions (I played the true Civ origin... Empire... on a VAX! Talk about addictive!) but the magic is gone and instead of improving, each successive generation seems to get prettier but dumber (is the gaming world going blond?).

chiral

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
much bigger game launches have happened on multiplatform games. Last year, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold a staggering 4.7 million copies on day 1.

Please don't compare SCII with that...thing...it insults me and i'm sure many other PC gamers

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
As the article itself says "No one should be surprised that StarCraft II sold a staggering number of copies during its first two days on the market."

Yet somehow it's still news?

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
The campaign has been really good so far. I don't mind the new battle.net so much, but Activision is definitely the devil and the reason we cant have nice things (chat rooms and LAN support). Everyone tears the game up for being like the old one, but I think it's a solid update, just to bad it took 10 years.

ravnoscc

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]chiral[/nom]Please don't compare SCII with that...thing...it insults me and i'm sure many other PC gamers[/citation]

Why not? They both cost $60, at least MW2 is a complete game, not 1/3 of a game.... :p

(I don't plan on buying either)

Sp0cK

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]If they remove LAN simply to avoid piracy, it's a very good reason for me to pirate it. [/citation]

It annoys me when people give ridiculous reasons to steal something.

I didn't like how Sony charged soo much for their PS3 and how it didn't have Netflix like my 360 did 2+ years ago. That didn't make me want to go out and steal it vs paying for it.

It doesn't have LAN play so what. Yes that would have been a great feature, but the service provided still allows users to compete for free against other people.

Simply put, you are a thief. If you can't afford to buy a game, then obviously you can't afford to play the pirated version either.
Obtain an education, then a legit job you enjoy, earn legit money and earn the right to play..... Might notices games are more fun when you "worked" to get it....

I'm just tired of hearing poor excuses from people for stealing.

"my 2 cents."

G

neiroatopelcc

bull, lets not pretend now shall we, you intended to dl the pirate version LAN or no LAN play

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The only thing surprising about that is that the numbers weren't higher than that. None the less, way to go blizzard. My only regret in the game doing so well is that in some way or another it benefits activision as well...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]As the article itself says "No one should be surprised that StarCraft II sold a staggering number of copies during its first two days on the market."Yet somehow it's still news?[/citation]

Well, its interesting to know the exact number as I was quite curious of a unit sold count. I hope Diablo III doubles that, although unlikely, but who knows.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Impressive.I may buy SC2 when there is a considerable community modder base and user maps.I actually dislike competitive strategy games, but both SC1 and WC3 (which I still play) are still fun with user made maps. Team and competitive tower defence, RPG's, rickrolling, Footman vs. Grunts, Footmen Unleashed etc. all make WC3 one of my favourite games, even today (and my collection of xbox 360/ps2/ps3/pc games is quite large, yet it's WC3 that holds a special place in my heart). The only thing I regret is that the first time I went online with WC3 is that I didn't click the 'custom maps' button, and didn't until a couple years later.I'd pay $50 for just a new version of WC3 (don't change the game play, just allow for even more customization, multi threading, wide screen support, access to hosting bots from Blizzard etc.).You know, spend 12 years and just remake the same game, just like SC2.[/citation]

This. Warcraft 3 is still my favorite game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.