[SOLVED] Lots of stutters in game after new Windows 11 update 22H2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2021
So I've been having a ton of stutters in game after installing the new update on Windows 11 I even went so far as to uninstall it. When I reverted back to the old one I'm still having stutters in game any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
"I have been experiencing insane stuttering in games. My CPU usage in games have dropped down significantly, in some from 80% to 5%. Just went back to the last update and my in game experience is much better,"

rolling back should have put system back into the state it was before the update. Might help to run sfc/dism scan

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command...

Colif

Win 11 Master
"I have been experiencing insane stuttering in games. My CPU usage in games have dropped down significantly, in some from 80% to 5%. Just went back to the last update and my in game experience is much better,"

rolling back should have put system back into the state it was before the update. Might help to run sfc/dism scan

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Nvidia are looking into it so it might be fixed by a driver update or a windows patch.

Reactions: Flyfisherman
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.