[SOLVED] Loud noise during cold boot.

Demoniacs

Commendable
Sep 30, 2019
Hi,
I'm having this loud noise when starting from cold boot. I manage to pin down the problem with the psu.

What I normally do is shut down the computer and start it back up and the noise does not show up again. Sometimes if i'm lazy or need the computer right away, I just let it sit for a minute and the noise subsides to normal.

The PSU is more than 5 years old. Is it time to get a new one (stupid question given the situation) or is there something I can do to save it?

P.S. I'm trying to save if I can due to financial reasons and i'm living in a third world country so getting a good pc part is very costly.

Solution
Yes, you REALLY should replace that power supply. Not today, YESTERDAY. Last week. A year ago. LOL. Seriously.

For future reference.

For current reference.

Demoniacs

Commendable
Sep 30, 2019
What is the model of your current PSU? The EXACT model.

Just exactly what KIND of noise is it making. Can you make a recording of the noise?

It makes a grinding noise and it is called POWERLOGIC Switching Power Supply ATX-700-W. Not even true rated. :(

I cant seem to find where I could attach the sound clip and the pic of the PSU in the forums.

TIA

Yes, you REALLY should replace that power supply. Not today, YESTERDAY. Last week. A year ago. LOL. Seriously.

For future reference.

For current reference.

Solution