[SOLVED] low cpu and gpu usage

3NERGY

Commendable
May 19, 2017
i don't understand
when i run rust at high settings i get 40% usage of cpu and gpu ( both at low temps around 60 ) i get like 80fps when i am not moving
and when i put rust at lowest settings i had 20% usage of cpu and gpu and like 95 fps ( why it is not using at least same 40% )
when i am on the populated server i get around 35% usage with cosntant drops and around 45 fps
so wt% is this ?
btw i have ssd
i7 3770
gtx 1070
( and sometimes 1070 has 100% usage while cpu is at 70% ) ( i make gpu use 100% when i am in flames )
ddr3 16gb 1333mhz
dell optilex 7010 motherboard :(
any help ?

Solution
That's normal. Its because rust is a primarily single threaded operation. If you have a CPU with more than 1 core, then its likely that CPU usage will never be near 100%. Also, when you lowered the settings, less cpu horsepower is required. Thus, the cpu downclocks and the usage goes down. CPUs are smart in that they can determine how much of its resources it can use, so this behaviour is completely normal.

lessthan0

Honorable
Jul 27, 2015
That's normal. Its because rust is a primarily single threaded operation. If you have a CPU with more than 1 core, then its likely that CPU usage will never be near 100%. Also, when you lowered the settings, less cpu horsepower is required. Thus, the cpu downclocks and the usage goes down. CPUs are smart in that they can determine how much of its resources it can use, so this behaviour is completely normal.

Solution