Question Low CPU, Low GPU Usage

Tac_

Reputable
May 4, 2020
My CPU usage sits around 15%- 40% running with turbo boost disabled, overclocking, etc. I have the power plan set on high performance with psi express, link state power management off, and wireless adapter to prefer max performance. I've even tried enabling the ultimate performance setting in windows power shell which didn't help. The main issue I've noticed is that the CPU usage will increase to around 35% and then drop down to 20% causing a lag spike.

For my GPU I have it running the best performance settings in the NVIDIA control panel with prefer max performance, v sync off, etc. I know that my PSU isn't a problem because I've done bench marking and got it to 99%. This also means that I'm not getting CPU bottle necked. The only way to make it increase it to turn frames from 144 to unlimited which will get me 190 - 300 fps in an arena game, however this wont even increase my GPU usage a lot it will only go max 50% usage.

My specs are:

Intel i7 8700k 3.7ghz to up to 4.7ghz (Which means I shouldn't have a bottleneck

NVIDIA RTX 2080

16gb 2700mhz DDR4 RAM

1tb SSD

ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming

16x - 32x PCIe