Low cpu usage fortnite

Aug 24, 2018
So like a month ago when I used to get good FPS my CPU usage was like 70-80%+ when I was playing fortnite so before like few weeks ago I notoced my fps and game was working like shit and just today I discovered that my CPU usage is maximum using like 30% while playing and also it only uses 2.2GB-s of RAM (I have 8)I checked temps and they are fine i just dont know what to do do you guys have any tips?

What has changed since a month ago?

Perhaps you have contracted a virus or malware.
Run malwarebytes free edition.

More likely, windows has pushed out a less than optimal driver update.
Try using system restore to reset your pc back to when all was good.

Also, download and reinstall your graphics driver directly from the gpu web site.

Lastly, how is your cooling?
I expect your cpu idle temperature to be 10-15c. over ambient if your cooler is working.
Overheating a cpu can cause throttling.

What are all the rest of your specs?

Aug 24, 2018
I tried installing windows again and it didnt worked.My restore point hasnt been turned on sadly...my CPU temp while not playing is about 35-40 and while playing its maximum 65 degrees.Gpu temp while not playing is 22 and while playong maximum is 50 degrees.
My specs are gtx 750 ti (gainward) and i7-2600
My PSU is 350W I have a PSU with 500w also I can put it inside but I dont think that is will be of any help

MERGED QUESTION
Question from karlo.golemi : "Low CPU usage on fortnite low fps"

I think the CPU is limiting itself due to the fact that the RAMs are getting limited.

You can do 2 things here:
1. Clear CMOS.
2. Find and run: msconfig.exe
Go to the boot tab
Click Advanced Options
Make sure that the Maximum memory checkbox is not checked

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from karlo.golemi : "Fortnite low CPU usage"

Aug 24, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from karlo.golemi : "Low cpu usage fortnite"

So like a month ago when I used to get good FPS my CPU usage was like 70-80%+ when I was playing fortnite so before like few weeks ago I notoced my fps and game was working like shit and just today I discovered that my CPU usage is maximum using like 30% while playing and also it only uses 2.2GB-s of RAM (I have 8)I checked temps and they are fine i just dont know what to do do you guys have any tips?my specs are :gainward 750 ti
I7 2600
My PSU is like a 10 year old 350w also have a 500w one which is also old but do you think I should put that 500w psu inside do you think thatbwill fix the problem?