Dec 4, 2019
Hello, I recently bought the Asus vivobook x512dk the model with the ryzen 5 3500u and r540x. It's a nice ultrabook however, when i tried playing some of my old games the performance was very poor. So I decided to use MSI afterburner to see the usage of the hardware. I played Crusader kings II and Napoleon Total war in both games my average cpu usage was around 30% while the GPU usage was 100%, which I think the reason I am getting low fps is that the cpu is not being used. What could it be the cause of the issue of low cpu usage, and how can I solve it? Thanks in advance.

Here's the thing.....that GPU is pretty slow for that CPU.....so I think the percentages make sense.

"What could it be the cause of the issue of low cpu usage, and how can I solve it? "

The reason the CPU usage is low is that the GPU is working as hard as it can.....and the CPU doesn't have to work hard because it's so powerful for that GPU.

Dec 4, 2019
That explains why my GPU was at 82 degrees. It's quite a bummer, I really wanted to be able to play some of my games . Is it possible to replace my GPU or connect external graphics cheaply? The razer blade stealth is quite expensive.

ionutnedelcu

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
That explains why my GPU was at 82 degrees. It's quite a bummer, I really wanted to be able to play some of my games . Is it possible to replace my GPU or connect external graphics cheaply? The razer blade stealth is quite expensive.
Other than one of the external gpu enclosures, I don't know of another way you could do that.