[SOLVED] Low end specs for vr

Apr 1, 2019
Would it be possible to run an oculus rift with this setup?
I7 860 at 4.1 ghtz, 16g ram at 1333, gtx 1060 6gb gpu. 800w psu.
I know this is a very old set up but im skint atm and would like a vr setup

Solution
I doubt it will be enjoyable and highly likely you will suffer motion sickness. The cpu is very important to getting the high FPS you need for smooth VR and your cpu is under the minimum recommended.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Would it be possible to run an oculus rift with this setup?
I7 860 at 4.1 ghtz, 16g ram at 1333, gtx 1060 6gb gpu. 800w psu.
I know this is a very old set up but im skint atm and would like a vr setup

Possibly Yes, but I'd hazard a guess only at low settings. Depending on the game of course. A family member has an older system, not much better than yours and he uses/used it with his Oculus. What VR system are you looking at?

Apr 1, 2019
Possibly Yes, but I'd hazard a guess only at low settings. Depending on the game of course. A family member has an older system, not much better than yours and he uses/used it with his Oculus. What VR system are you looking at?
Just an oculas rift as ive seen a couple going cheap in my area. Is it a massive improvement compared to psvr? And is there more for the oculus games wise?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Check the specifications. The only reason I upgraded from my I5-760 (same generation as your processor) was because it did not include a required instruction set (I think it was AVX) for VR. It's not just processing power that you need to be looking at.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS