Question Low fps but it shouldnt be

Zty

Feb 21, 2022
Greetings! I bought a laptop mostly for work, but it can handle a few games, specs:
Geforce mx 450
I5-1135g7
16gb DDR4 3200Mhz ram
1TB M.2 ssd
90Hz 2880x1600 display (but im playing on 1920x1200)
I downloaded pubg and valorant, and I have nearly the same fps on both, around 70-90, but valorant should he way higher in theory. Also, in valorant, when I reduce the resolution the fps doesnt go up, but in pubg it does. After this I downloaded battlefield 4, and I am having 130+ fps. Valorant uses the mx450 at least thats what the task manager says, and the Vsync in the nvidia control panel is off. Does anyone have a proper solution for this?

On laptop screen mentioned above, visible frame rate is limited by panel refresh rate - eq. 90 Hz, same FPS. No go above real 90 FPS here. Dunno where you got 130+ FPS in other games - laptop screen simply can not refresh that fast. Also Valorant seems pretty hungry in resources and from reviews around Internet 70 FPS on MX450 seems normal. If you want more FPS, reduce graphic quality settings.

Zty

Feb 21, 2022
On laptop screen mentioned above, visible frame rate is limited by panel refresh rate - eq. 90 Hz, same FPS. No go above real 90 FPS here. Dunno where you got 130+ FPS in other games - laptop screen simply can not refresh that fast. Also Valorant seems pretty hungry in resources and from reviews around Internet 70 FPS on MX450 seems normal. If you want more FPS, reduce graphic quality settings.
I saw a game test with this gpu and the guy had 150+fps on high settings 1080p, and it is strange that I have the same fps in valorant and pubg