[SOLVED] Low fps in all games

Sep 14, 2020
I have had my PC for a few years, and this problem has been happening for most of the time. I have seen benchmarks and tons of videos showing my almost exact build getting up to 100 fps more than what I am getting. I'm am getting 140 fps on fortnite(low settings) 140- 30fps low minecraft(low settings) 80fps rainbow six seige(ultra low settings)
I think this might be a settings issue and I have checked nvidia control pannel, driver updates, power modes, setting games on different priorities, and game settings.
Specs: XLR8 Nvidia 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
1.5 tb hdd
16gb ram
700 w power supply

Solution
a. How's the temps on your CPU and GPU, for all we know it could be throttling and it doesn't want to push itself.

b. Try right clicking your desktop, Display Settings, Advance Graphic settings and make sure fixed refresh rate is turned off.

c. It could also be NVidia like you said. Try uninstalling the drivers completely using Display Driver Installer, restart, reinstall Geforce Experience, install latest drivers, Nvidia Control Panel: Set overall to Performance and do some benchmark. Hopefully you get your speed back.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
a. How's the temps on your CPU and GPU, for all we know it could be throttling and it doesn't want to push itself.

b. Try right clicking your desktop, Display Settings, Advance Graphic settings and make sure fixed refresh rate is turned off.

c. It could also be NVidia like you said. Try uninstalling the drivers completely using Display Driver Installer, restart, reinstall Geforce Experience, install latest drivers, Nvidia Control Panel: Set overall to Performance and do some benchmark. Hopefully you get your speed back.

Solution