thesciencebrain1

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hey, I recently bought an rtx 3060 and i5 7600k system and wanted to play some games, I noticed that my fps for csgo on max 1080p was around 150 fps with frequent dips to 5 fps or so. My temperatures are fine at around 60c when playing. Is this normal?? I have 2400mhz dual channel ram as well and my motherboard is pci 3

CPU: I5 7600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte B8 Gaming LGA 1151
RAM: 2x8gb 2400Mhz
SSD/HDD: 240gb Inland Professional
GPU: Gigabyte OC 3060 12GB
PSU: 500W Thermaltake 80+
Chassis: Thermaltake C22 Full-ATX
Monitor: 32" LG 165Hz monitor

Last edited:
Solution
Not an attempt to be "cute" about the issue, but we are talking about a 5 generation old mid tier 'performance' CPU on a far newer GPU architecture. This may well be showing the limitation of your CPU as well as the slower (by modern standard) RAM.

I would look at background processes and apps, turn everything off you can. See if there is improvement on that front.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You might want to download the latest driver for the RTX3060 off of Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to remove all GPU drives off of your platform, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

thesciencebrain1

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You might want to download the latest driver for the RTX3060 off of Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to remove all GPU drives off of your platform, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

CPU: I5 7600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte B8 Gaming LGA 1151
RAM: 2x8gb 2400Mhz
SSD/HDD: 240gb Inland Professional
GPU: Gigabyte OC 3060 12GB
PSU: 500W Thermaltake 80+
Chassis: Thermaltake C22 Full-ATX
Monitor: 32" LG 165Hz monitor
-----------------------------------------------
My BIOS version is American Megatrends Inc. F7, 7/6/2017. I will try the other steps now.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not an attempt to be "cute" about the issue, but we are talking about a 5 generation old mid tier 'performance' CPU on a far newer GPU architecture. This may well be showing the limitation of your CPU as well as the slower (by modern standard) RAM.

I would look at background processes and apps, turn everything off you can. See if there is improvement on that front.

Reactions: jacob249358
Solution