Aug 11, 2020
Hello,

A couple days ago my GPU was underperforming a lot, which I've fixed now in most games. In GTA 5 i still get pretty low framerates for the hardware that i have. I run a mixture of high and normal settings and I'm getting 60-70 fps, which is not bad but it is low for my hardware. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MOBO: Asus Steel Legend B450M
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Armor OC
RAM: 2x 8Gb Vengeance LPX (clocked at 3200 mhz)
PSU: Corsair VS550
Storage: 128Gb M.2 SSD and 1Tb Hard Drive

Solution
It's in singleplayer, my fps in online is around 50-60.
Most parts of the city will be 60-80fps in single player. The same places you get an fps drop in single player will also drop in online and always be lower in Online than SP. Considering your hardware, you don't have an actual problem other than the CPU single threaded performance being too low for more than 60-70fps in parts of the game. Edit - Also, fps is always lower at night and especially during a rain storm which creates many more reflective surfaces from the rain pooling.
Hello,

A couple days ago my GPU was underperforming a lot, which I've fixed now in most games. In GTA 5 i still get pretty low framerates for the hardware that i have. I run a mixture of high and normal settings and I'm getting 60-70 fps, which is not bad but it is low for my hardware. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MOBO: Asus Steel Legend B450M
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Armor OC
RAM: 2x 8Gb Vengeance LPX (clocked at 3200 mhz)
PSU: Corsair VS550
Storage: 128Gb M.2 SSD and 1Tb Hard Drive
Is your low fps in GTA Online or GTA 5 single player? GTA 5 single player usually runs faster than online. For the Ryzen 5 1600AF/2600, 60-70fps in GTA Online sounds about right for a mix of medium to very high settings at 1080p. On my Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1070 In single player, I believe I was getting around 80fps average with highs of around 120fps with mainly high/very high settings and some medium settings at 1080p.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Is your low fps in GTA Online or GTA 5 single player? GTA 5 single player usually runs faster than online. For the Ryzen 5 1600AF/2600, 60-70fps in GTA Online sounds about right for a mix of medium to very high settings at 1080p. On my Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1070 In single player, I believe I was getting around 80fps average with highs of around 120fps with mainly high/very high settings and some medium settings at 1080p.

Most parts of the city will be 60-80fps in single player. The same places you get an fps drop in single player will also drop in online and always be lower in Online than SP. Considering your hardware, you don't have an actual problem other than the CPU single threaded performance being too low for more than 60-70fps in parts of the game. Edit - Also, fps is always lower at night and especially during a rain storm which creates many more reflective surfaces from the rain pooling.

Solution
Aug 11, 2020
Okay thanks for the help!