Low FPS when playing Total War Warhammer 2, Revelation Online, and Ark Survial

iwillbeheard2day

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Hello, I just built a new system and I am getting very odd numbers from the system. I feel that the numbers are low. Listed below are the components of my system and attached are the logs I have recorded with several monitoring software packages. The passmark reading for the GPU is way below what it should be. By looking at my numbers it is on par with a GTX 660

MB=ASRock A320M PRO4
CPU=AMD RYZEN 7 1700 8-Core 3.0 GHz
GPU=GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 8GB WINDFORCE
HDD=HP/Seagate 2TB 7200RPM
RAM=AVANT 16GB (1 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2133
PSU=  Rosewill - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt

Benchmark testing
Geek bench 4:
Compute Benchmark=https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/1307663
CPU Benchmark= https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4644396
Log from GPU-Z ran during Total War Warhammer benchmark:
Is available upon request I can't figure out how to attach the file
Passmark rating:
CPU MARK = 11553
2D Mark= 594
3D Mark=3513
Memory Mark= 1532
Disk Mark= 1280
Overall Mark=2941
CPUID:
GPU
File available on request

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Like Kasper said, you cut corners in the wrong areas. You should've gone for either a B350 or X370 motherboard to get the most out of your R7, and getting sub 3000MHz memory (and in single channel operation) means CPU performance is even lower. This all matters because all of the games you listed are known for being quite CPU heavy. Simply having 8 cores/16 threads doesn't make the Ryzen 1700 perform well for these games as they also require decent per-core throughput, and having halved system memory bandwidth + no overclock means you'll be stuck with relatively low performance until you can rectify those problems.
Sorry to say, but this is an extremely bad built for a gaming rig.
You pay $ for a Ryzen 1700 but go cheap on a non OC motherboard.
You buy a single RAM stick instead of a dual channel 2x8 GB kit.
You buy slow 2133MHz RAM when Ryzen will benefit a lot from faster 3000MHz or 3200MHz RAM.
You buy an overkill 1000W PSU, and not knowing the full model name can only assume it's a low quality unit.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Like Kasper said, you cut corners in the wrong areas. You should've gone for either a B350 or X370 motherboard to get the most out of your R7, and getting sub 3000MHz memory (and in single channel operation) means CPU performance is even lower. This all matters because all of the games you listed are known for being quite CPU heavy. Simply having 8 cores/16 threads doesn't make the Ryzen 1700 perform well for these games as they also require decent per-core throughput, and having halved system memory bandwidth + no overclock means you'll be stuck with relatively low performance until you can rectify those problems.

Solution

iwillbeheard2day

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017

My PSU is https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188

Cannot find much info on that. On Rosewill site, they doesn't mention anything about if this unit have all the safety/protection circuits installed, and the fact it is a 1000w PSU for only $120 have me believe it's a crap quality unit.
After all, as someone else said in another thread the other day: A PSU is guilty until proven otherwise.

Anyway, you should have gone with something like a Corsair RMx series, EVGA G3 series or Seasonic Focus series and 550w or 650w that would be cheaper and much better quality.
1000w is totally overkill and wasted money spend.

TRENDING THREADS